Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

42c forcast for Melbourne tomorrow.........

42c forcast for Melbourne tomorrow.........

Old Dec 31st 2005, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 42c forcast for Melbourne tomorrow.........

Originally Posted by bondipom
I don't mid this heat too much but the little one has got heat rash. He is now in just a nappy and a bib and that seems to be doing the trick. The bib is a nightmare because it gets soaked in vomit all the time so we now have about 50 bibs. We have a fan in the room that circulates air rather than blowing directly over him and there is a towel between the mattress protector and the sheet to let his skin breathe better. All the windows in the flat are shut to keep the heat out and going out is impossible.

The doc said not to use any creams as they block the pores.
Portable aircon is the answer....

If they have them at harvey norman, (and this is the only reason I would use Harvey Norman) you could pick one up today and not have to pay anything within 12 months.

http://www.retravision.com.au/apps/s...?category=1367

only ref I could find 2nd cooler down.

730 bucks worth of heaven.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 1:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by skywalker
Take a look! I don't know...different sites different forecasts!?
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/AS...?force_units=1
You think that's bad, look at this one: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94868.htm

It currently forecasts Sunbury, Melbourne as a max of 31° for today, but shows a current temp of 36.8 °C

I've just got of the phone from a friend in Perth NSW, its over 40 there, and he is now heading up for the Gold Coast to cool down a bit

My outside thermometer is currently showing 30°C

Old Dec 31st 2005, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hottest I've seen Melbourne get, is back in 83, around the time of Ash Wednesday 5 days in a row of above 42 degrees. I had an outside job at the time, reading gas meters. One particular day, I just about blacked out on the way back to my car.

Hottest temperature I've been in is 47 up at Swan Hill, on the NSW border. Now I guarantee not even the most ardent heat lover, would enjoy that.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

they've revised it down to 33 now on the forecast. Not quite as hot as maybe they thought? Current observations are low 30s. Still 3 hrs though, or so to hot up.

Melbourne got a mini change yesterday, it was high 30s at 2pm, by 2.30pm it was low 30s/high 20s.

Swan Hill upstate is low 40s with single digit humidity.

Last edited by thatsnotquiteright; Dec 31st 2005 at 1:53 am.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hottest I've seen Melbourne get, is back in 83, around the time of Ash Wednesday 5 days in a row of above 42 degrees. I had an outside job at the time, reading gas meters. One particular day, I just about blacked out on the way back to my car.

Hottest temperature I've been in is 47 up at Swan Hill, on the NSW border. Now I guarantee not even the most ardent heat lover, would enjoy that.

I remember that week....was bloody aweful!!!

Also remember the day the dust storm hit Melbourne

I was at school....what a shocker that was!!
Old Dec 31st 2005, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hels
I remember that week....was bloody aweful!!!

Also remember the day the dust storm hit Melbourne

I was at school....what a shocker that was!!

Stuipdly I thought that big cloud coming was a cool change, so I went around the house and opened up all the windows. My Aussie born and bred missus, who had seen dust storms before, chased around after me yelling stop. She had seen it all before. Bendigo raised gal as well Hels. Longgully to be precise.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
they've revised it down to 33 now on the forecast. Not quite as hot as maybe they thought? Current observations are low 30s. Still 3 hrs though, or so to hot up.

Melbourne got a mini change yesterday, it was high 30s at 2pm, by 2.30pm it was low 30s/high 20s.

Swan Hill upstate is low 40s with single digit humidity.
40 degrees where I am.....hurry up cool change

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/local/...002&pcode=3136
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaykay

Yes - our local one says 42.3!!! Yikes, its hot out there!
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/local/...ad=002&fn=true
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Your always hot stuff though.

Hope you & N & young A have a great 2006.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bordy
Your always hot stuff though.

Hope you & N & young A have a great 2006.
Aw shucks Bordy, you're such a sweet talker

Hope you and Mary enjoy the evening. Are you doing anything nice?

We're going to take A up the top of Mt Dandenong to see the fireworks in the city (hopefully we can see them from there!!)

Then it's a quiet night with the feet up and a glass or two of champers
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:24 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Aw shucks Bordy, you're such a sweet talker

Hope you and Mary enjoy the evening. Are you doing anything nice?

We're going to take A up the top of Mt Dandenong to see the fireworks in the city (hopefully we can see them from there!!)

Then it's a quiet night with the feet up and a glass or two of champers

Not a lot here Janice, Liane has gone into the city, she has tickets for the Elephant & Wheelbarrow in St Kilda for tonight.

Louise was meant to be coming up for the night but just called saying she won't make it so its just ourselves & Roni & John ( Aus4Aus ) but I'm sure we will manage a few
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Who turned the heating up?

It's got bloody hot all of a sudden
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:06 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Who turned the heating up?

It's got bloody hot all of a sudden
Just seen on the news it hit 43c today the hottest NYE ever in Melbourne.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 8:36 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

41 C in melbourne now!? :scared: it's evening though...
Old Dec 31st 2005, 8:38 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
it's going to be hot
Ba****d

D D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.