Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

40kg baggage allowance

40kg baggage allowance

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default 40kg baggage allowance

Just to share our bit of information we have found out today:
We are looking for flights for 19th Oct from London to Brisbane(cheapish!)
Cathay Pacific - we can get 2 adults & 2 kids for around £1000 but they do not allow 40kgs
Singapore allow you a stopover & 40kgs on producing your visas when checking in. Their flights have gone up from £1300 for the 4 of us last week to £1700 this week!!!!!!
Karen x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:04 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 40kg baggage allowance

Originally Posted by karenjc
Cathay Pacific - we can get 2 adults & 2 kids for around £1000 but they do not allow 40kgs
Singapore allow you a stopover & 40kgs on producing your visas when checking in. Their flights have gone up from £1300 for the 4 of us last week to £1700 this week!!!!!!
Karen x
I read in the Aussie press today that Qantas are to add $250 (£100) to every Aus-UK flight to cover the increased price of oil. So it sounds like Singapore have already followed suit. Others will no doubt follow so book asap if you can. Me? Doesn't look like I am going anywhere for a while
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
I read in the Aussie press today that Qantas are to add $250 (£100) to every Aus-UK flight to cover the increased price of oil. So it sounds like Singapore have already followed suit. Others will no doubt follow so book asap if you can. Me? Doesn't look like I am going anywhere for a while
Hope your wrong and it all gets sorted out for you
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

beeky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I'm new to this site but have found loads of useful info.

Anyway hope this helps....

We have booked with Cathay via Travel Bag and although the initial baggage allowance was 20Kg each we decided to write directly to Cathay pleading our case to have the extra baggage allowance. They confirmed in writing that when Travel Bag issue the tickets (still showing 20Kgs) that if we present this letter on check in that they will up our baggage allowance to 40Kgs.

Beeky
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karenjc
Karen x
my flights that i booked 3 weeks ago have just gone down by £150
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beeky

We have booked with Cathay via Travel Bag and although the initial baggage allowance was 20Kg each we decided to write directly to Cathay pleading our case to have the extra baggage allowance. They confirmed in writing that when Travel Bag issue the tickets (still showing 20Kgs) that if we present this letter on check in that they will up our baggage allowance to 40Kgs.

Beeky
I also booked with travel bag and contacted Cathay but they said no to us!
you jammy bugger - where did you write?
Tara
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We were only allowed 20 kilos each and we arrived 32 kilos over which we weren't charged for, we have to book in again tomorrow so we'll see how it goes
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beeky
Nice one, i'll have a look into doing that. Many thanks
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
Fraser

show off!
are you having a nice time in Penang?
Tara
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

beeky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali south
I also booked with travel bag and contacted Cathay but they said no to us!
you jammy bugger - where did you write?
Tara
Hi there,

We just wrote to Cathay at Heathrow. They requested a copy of our visas and said that they would be in touch. We waited for 3 months and heard nothing so we just rang them up, grovelled and finally they agreed to up the allowance.
Might be worthwhile you trying again.

Hope this helps

Beeky
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
Fraser

show off!
are you having a nice time in Penang?
Tara
Yeah we've had a nice time, although a bit quiet for me as I'm not one for laying around the pool all day especially if I have nothing to read which I don't

Should have stuck to HK but economics and all that.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,

We just wrote to Cathay at Heathrow. They requested a copy of our visas and said that they would be in touch. We waited for 3 months and heard nothing so we just rang them up, grovelled and finally they agreed to up the allowance.
Might be worthwhile you trying again.

Hope this helps

Beeky
thank you

I will definately try

Tara