Reload this Page >

40kg Bagage Allowance?????

40kg Bagage Allowance?????

Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:25 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 40kg Bagage Allowance?????

I`m in a bit of a muddle. (what`s new)?

We booked with Singapore Airlines on-line yesterday and therefore only have an electronic ticket. I phoned the helpline and asked them to provide in writing that we are allowed 40kg. The lady said that as long as it states on the visa that we can stay in Australia "indefinitely" (which it does), they will automatically allow us the 40kg.
I don`t want to risk turning up at the airport and being refused the 40kg just because we don`t have it in writing. I`ve read that you need it in writing, but she assured me that we didn`t.
Anybody else just turned up with the 40kg and been allowed without written confirmation?

Cheers

Sharon
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 40kg Bagage Allowance?????

Originally Posted by mashy

We booked with Singapore Airlines on-line yesterday and therefore only have an electronic ticket. I phoned the helpline and asked them to provide in writing that we are allowed 40kg. The lady said that as long as it states on the visa that we can stay in Australia "indefinitely" (which it does), they will automatically allow us the 40kg.
I don`t want to risk turning up at the airport and being refused the 40kg just because we don`t have it in writing. I`ve read that you need it in writing, but she assured me that we didn`t.
Anybody else just turned up with the 40kg and been allowed without written confirmation?

Cheers

Sharon

Don't stress about it. They never questioned mine at all. They also booked it all straight onto the next plane for me.

I may still have a copy of the e-mail they sent me, if I do I let you know and I'll forward it to you.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:32 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Cheers

Sharon
Hiya, I'd do a search on the forum as it's come up a lot. I would definitely get it in writing though.

Good luck!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Thanks Wendy and Sunshine Girl

Thing is, if they say that I don`t need it in writing, then how am I gonna get written confirmation
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Cheers

Sharon
Defo , get in writing as we had an email confriming it and and could not find it at check and were told if we did not produce it we could not take 40 kgs each, better safe than sorry ! just go to thier website and email the London office say you are flying one way to Aus on such date and it is the 1st time you have entered Aus on you PR visa can you take 40 kgs of baggage, at the end of the day it will take you all of 10 mins to email and could save a huge amount of stress now and if you get refused.

Martin
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tabby
Defo , get in writing as we had an email confriming it and and could not find it at check and were told if we did not produce it we could not take 40 kgs each, better safe than sorry ! just go to thier website and email the London office say you are flying one way to Aus on such date and it is the 1st time you have entered Aus on you PR visa can you take 40 kgs of baggage, at the end of the day it will take you all of 10 mins to email and could save a huge amount of stress now and if you get refused.

Martin
Cheers Martin

I`ll e-mail them straight away.

Sharon
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Wendy and Sunshine Girl

Thing is, if they say that I don`t need it in writing, then how am I gonna get written confirmation
found it [email protected]

Make sure you are precise in your question so there is no room for them to say no at the airport state

how many are flying and there ages (rember any chilldren who have a seat should get this also)

Date , times and airport

That you are migrating

Also check www.singaporeair.co.uk for items you can take as we discovered that baby's change of clothes and nappies can be taken on extra aswell as females can take the standard hand luggage aswell as a handbag and each person can take a laptop.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tabby
found it [email protected]

Make sure you are precise in your question so there is no room for them to say no at the airport state

how many are flying and there ages (rember any chilldren who have a seat should get this also)

Date , times and airport

That you are migrating

Also check www.singaporeair.co.uk for items you can take as we discovered that baby's change of clothes and nappies can be taken on extra aswell as females can take the standard hand luggage aswell as a handbag and each person can take a laptop.
Thanks Martin

I`ve just e-mailed them, then read this and realised that I haven`t provided enough information
I`ll send them another
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We're also flying SA and I have queried this all the way !!

SA states that they have recently changed their procedures so that written confirmation is no longer needed. If you turn up at the airport with the visa in your passport with the right wording then 40kg is automatic.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
We're also flying SA and I have queried this all the way !!

SA states that they have recently changed their procedures so that written confirmation is no longer needed. If you turn up at the airport with the visa in your passport with the right wording then 40kg is automatic.
I had also heard that when we flying out last year but emailed just for conformation and glad I did now as i would not have got onwithout that email .
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Martin

I`ve just e-mailed them, then read this and realised that I haven`t provided enough information
I`ll send them another
no worries !!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Martin

I`ll send them another
let us know how you get on with that as I've been told that they won't provide it any more.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ohippy
let us know how you get on with that as I've been told that they won't provide it any more.
Will do. I`ve just sent them another e-mail and will pm you as soon as I hear anything back. When do you fly?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Will do. I`ve just sent them another e-mail and will pm you as soon as I hear anything back. When do you fly?
30th August.
I also need to check on kids meals and need to reserve seats. I like to leave everythin until the last minute !
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:14 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

SQs rules always were that if you were migrating you had to provide their reservations office with a copy of the visa in your passport. The visa had to state "remain indefinite" and had to be unused in order to be permitted the extra baggage allowance. The extra allowance was only permitted to those whowere travelling on connecting flights so if stopping over it woudn'tbe allowed.

That was up until 6 months ago, it could have changed since then.

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.