Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

40C .......... and rising

40C .......... and rising

Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:38 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default 40C .......... and rising

.......... and we are by the sea.

Must be horrendous in western Sydney.

Now............ where's my beer ?

Jim
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:43 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 40C .......... and rising

Originally Posted by Jimclevs

Jim

I'm sure all the wannabe expats are thinking....ooooh lovely..Xmas on the beach..
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:54 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Del Boy
I'm sure all the wannabe expats are thinking....ooooh lovely..Xmas on the beach..
This is like walking into a hairdryer on full blast !!

Not whinging mind you. We knew what to expect - occasionally.

Hopefully, a change is set to blow through later this afternoon. Expected to be 28-30 tomorrow down here - we can handle that.

Jim
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:18 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

This is like walking into a hairdryer on full blast !!

Not whinging mind you. We knew what to expect - occasionally.

Hopefully, a change is set to blow through later this afternoon. Expected to be 28-30 tomorrow down here - we can handle that.

Jim
Half your luck....only 34 here but v. sticky and we dont get cool changes
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:33 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Half your luck....only 34 here but v. sticky and we dont get cool changes
Where are you then?
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

It's not been that bad in Coogee. We have a min/max thermometer outside and it hasn't got above 33 degrees here today. It's dropping now and currently only about 27 outside.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:51 am
Absinthe Minded

Where are you then?
Queensland - wide bay area
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:02 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by nickyc
It's not been that bad in Coogee. We have a min/max thermometer outside and it hasn't got above 33 degrees here today. It's dropping now and currently only about 27 outside.
You must be going through the change at the moment then - not you personally I hasten to add !!

Jim
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

You must be going through the change at the moment then - not you personally I hasten to add !!

Jim
You're probably right (on both counts ) - the front is on its way so only a matter of time before it gets to you.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:07 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Jim
sydney was cool compared to central coast. Last I looked it was about 41.5 in williamstown (newcastle airport), compared to about 36 in sydney. Plus sydney cools down before central coast when a southerly comes through
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:19 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

just checked and theres a southerly moving north now lovely.
still 40.5 in newcastle but sydney is down to 22 !! can you believe it.
storms on the way by the look too so with any luck we'll have ummmm snow by the time santa comes tonight
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

current temps....

Melbourne - 23c

Canberra - 29c

Sydney - Harbour 22.6c Olympic park 34.4c what a difference!!

Brisbane - 36c

Cairns - 31c

Darwin - 35c

Perth - 25c

Adelaide - 22c

Hobart - 19c

Edinburgh - 2c!!

rather you than me guys!!!!!

Last edited by YoSemite; Dec 24th 2005 at 4:25 am.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:30 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by YoSemite
current temps....

Melbourne - 23c

Canberra - 29c

Sydney - Harbour 22.6c Olympic park 34.4c what a difference!!

Brisbane - 36c

Cairns - 31c

Darwin - 35c

Perth - 25c

Adelaide - 22c

Hobart - 19c

Edinburgh - 2c!!

rather you than me guys!!!!!
Agree with that..... but 40C here today is/was not pleasant.... which is the nicest way I can put it!!

Jim
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:32 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
just checked and theres a southerly moving north now lovely.
still 40.5 in newcastle but sydney is down to 22 !! can you believe it.
storms on the way by the look too so with any luck we'll have ummmm snow by the time santa comes tonight
Thanks for that Luke...... are you blowing the change up the coast?

Radar map from BOM shows a lot of showers kicking off just out at sea but going further out.

Jim
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:33 am
Banned

Agree with that..... but 40C here today is/was not pleasant.... which is the nicest way I can put it!!

Jim
I dunno, it was very pleasant at the pool here, at least you dont need a towel to dry off when ya get out. It shut for 4pm so Ive just got back and theres def a storm brewing. Youll be nice and cool in a couple of hrs trust me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.