Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

4 x 4 Tracks/Lessons etc in Adelaide??

4 x 4 Tracks/Lessons etc in Adelaide??

Old Dec 11th 2008, 12:14 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default 4 x 4 Tracks/Lessons etc in Adelaide??

Wanted to get the old fella something like "The Red Letter Days" they do in the UK for christmas, where he goes out in ours (or theirs) 4x4 has a couple of hours lesson type thing and a go on a track, to boost confidence etc, wondered if anyone knew of anything like that in Adelaide?????

Rang a couple but they want in excess of $400 and for the whole day which isnt really what I looking for, not at that price anyway!!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

steve_and_gill will become famous soon enoughsteve_and_gill will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 4 x 4 Tracks/Lessons etc in Adelaide??

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Wanted to get the old fella something like "The Red Letter Days" they do in the UK for christmas, where he goes out in ours (or theirs) 4x4 has a couple of hours lesson type thing and a go on a track, to boost confidence etc, wondered if anyone knew of anything like that in Adelaide?????

Rang a couple but they want in excess of $400 and for the whole day which isnt really what I looking for, not at that price anyway!!
Are you looking to get him training or fun?
I believe there is a company running off road recovery courses in Adelaide, get a certificate and stuff which can be useful.
If just for fun, not sure. The best bet is to find a local club and head out, nothing boosts confidence than seeing someone else do something and getting the advice about how to approach it.

I don't have the Land Rover set up to off road yet, mainly due to lack of tools and not wanting to spend money until we have some coming in, but if you/he want to have a chat about any off roady stuff I have loads of experience, for fun, competing and running all makes road 4x4 track days with the club back in the UK.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: 4 x 4 Tracks/Lessons etc in Adelaide??

Originally Posted by Sham Williams

Try this link
http://www.australianexplorer.com/ex...ft_voucher.htm

If the link is removed by admin, then PM me and i'll email it.

tia
Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:17 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 4 x 4 Tracks/Lessons etc in Adelaide??

Originally Posted by ubdai
Try this link
http://www.australianexplorer.com/ex...ft_voucher.htm

If the link is removed by admin, then PM me and i'll email it.

tia
Great site with exactly what I looking for on it, but of course NOT in Adelaide! Thanks though!