Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

4 weeks to go have i forgot anything?

4 weeks to go have i forgot anything?

Old May 29th 2008, 8:49 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default 4 weeks to go have i forgot anything?

oops 4 weeks to go, flights booked ukforex account open ,bank account open, 1 st months accomodarion booked, furniture on way, job sorted, anything else i need to do.. oh bought suitcases lol x

Last edited by ozzieclare2b; May 29th 2008 at 8:51 am. Reason: missed main part of post
Old May 29th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 weeks to go have i forgot anything?

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
oops 4 weeks to go, flights booked ukforex account open ,bank account open, 1 st months accomodarion booked, furniture on way, job sorted, anything else i need to do.. oh bought suitcases lol x
Anything else you need to do................................................ sit back and think how lucky you are. All the best for you in your new life xxxx

Tracy
Old May 29th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I have to say I am very jealous! We are just starting out on our journey of immigrating and paperwork.... Just seems so very far away for us at the moment.

Congratulations. Enjoy the results of you hard work.

If nothing comes to mind then it can't be that important!

Enjoy your new life and any feedback on your initial experiences etc would be good.

Old May 29th 2008, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bound to have forgotten something. Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash. Oh may be nothing, but do you have your visas?
Old May 29th 2008, 9:36 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Bound to have forgotten something. Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash. Oh may be nothing, but do you have your visas?
oh crikey visas..........
Old May 29th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Youre doing better than me C. we dont have accomodation sorted yet, but im chilled.

I feel like I should be doing something, 30 days to go, (13 of which will be spent in Ireland) surely should be running around like a blue arsed fly?
Old May 29th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Hi ozzieclaire,

Good Luck sounds like you have done the important parts

May i ask how you went about booking your accomodation? Did you rent a house or have you gone for some short term hol accomodation? If you have any links much appreciated.
Thanks
darren
Old May 29th 2008, 12:09 pm
looking for my marbles

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Youre doing better than me C. we dont have accomodation sorted yet, but im chilled.

I feel like I should be doing something, 30 days to go, (13 of which will be spent in Ireland) surely should be running around like a blue arsed fly?
well i feel we should be too. Ibought 5 suitcases yesterday and im sure they wont be enough for the 3 of us. So am going to start some packing soon(next week) as i dont want to leave it all til last minute. that way if we run out of room we can get more. 120kg allowance between us im sure i will need 80kg on my own lol
Old May 29th 2008, 12:11 pm
looking for my marbles

Originally Posted by mydearboy1
Hi ozzieclaire,

Good Luck sounds like you have done the important parts

May i ask how you went about booking your accomodation? Did you rent a house or have you gone for some short term hol accomodation? If you have any links much appreciated.
Thanks
darren
I booked mine online, we did apply for accomodation on arrivl with sa government but not heard. which part you headed to? We are off to Adelaide. We booked holiday let for a month until we find a rental
Old May 29th 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Hi Claire
well i am only just starting the process, but hope to head for Brisbane if all goes well about may next year

Accomodation has been one of my main worries lately and wondered how quick the renting process is in Oz, is a month sufficent etc??
Old May 29th 2008, 12:29 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Wow I wish I was as chilled as you, we leave 3 weeks on Monday and I'm sooo stressed out! I feel like I have so much to do and no time to do it in, I'm sure I do have time just feel that way!

One thing I still have to do is change my address with DVLA, passport office etc, have you done this? If so did you give them a family member's address is UK or did you tell them you were going to Oz?

Now where did I pack my chinese stress balls.......
Old May 29th 2008, 12:34 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Just enjoy your last few weeks in the UK, as you will be leaving ppl behind that you might never see again.
Ensure that any time spent with ppl you care about is serious quality time.

Then look forward to starting the next part of the rest of your lives.....look us up when you get here if you need any more help just give us a shout and we will try and help as much as we can.

Enjoy

xx
Old May 29th 2008, 12:37 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

well i feel we should be too. Ibought 5 suitcases yesterday and im sure they wont be enough for the 3 of us. So am going to start some packing soon(next week) as i dont want to leave it all til last minute. that way if we run out of room we can get more. 120kg allowance between us im sure i will need 80kg on my own lol

Suitcases suitcases............we truned up at HR with bloody hundreds.

In the end we had to send 8 cases and a snooker cue with excess baggage as we were well over our limit

all in all we travelled with 19 bags and cases.

madness wanna laff read our first update............
Old May 29th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Suitcases suitcases............we truned up at HR with bloody hundreds.

In the end we had to send 8 cases and a snooker cue with excess baggage as we were well over our limit

all in all we travelled with 19 bags and cases.

madness wanna laff read our first update............
Jeez, 19 bags i thought one each was pushing it - your excess baggage must have been horrendous.
Old May 29th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Jeez, 19 bags i thought one each was pushing it - your excess baggage must have been horrendous.
We leave 2 weeks sunday, got lists stuck everywhere, finish work tomorrow so going to spend the last few weeks chilling out.

So far have packed 6 cases and have not packed my stuff yet.

Don't know about you guys but it does not seem real that we are leaving the UK, think I must be walking around in a dream.

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.