Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

4 months here update

4 months here update

Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Talking 4 months here update

Hi all,

We have been here 4 months tomorrow and it seems like 4 years. As you know we both settled quickly with getting jobs, me after six weeks hubby after 10 days. I have made quite a few friends all English at the moment with a couple of Australians.

I or we moved out here with no expectations, just happy that the weather would be better. Although I never thought I would be wearing a Fleese during the day in the office.

Having no expecations is a good thing. We are still renting our house, but will be saving soon for a house and keeping our eye on the market. We have decided to settle on the Sunshine Coast as we love the lifestyle.

There are many things that are different some for the better some that are not as good. But all in all we are happy. I do miss a good curry but life isn't bad without things. in fact you forget about the stuff that may have been important to you at home. Well it has for me.

I still believe that it takes at least a good couple of years to settle anywhere. We have been lucky with work and salaries etc but we have made an effort to get to know people. If you like clean slates.

I will always say don't come here if you think people will change becuase they are over here etc. I have never been the rose tinited kind of girl. I am a realist.

You are the same person, however over here we are a lot more relaxed, as the trains run on time and the people are curteous.

Good luck to all those applying and on the process to coming over.

Carrianne x
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 4 months here update

Thanks for that Carrianne, it's good to hear from people who are already there living our dream.

Lindsey
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Your welcome. I am always happy to answer any questions
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Your welcome. I am always happy to answer any questions
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:23 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 months here update

Originally posted by Carrianne

There are many things that are different some for the better some that are not as good. But all in all we are happy. I do miss a good curry but life isn't bad without things
Thanks for the update Carrianne.

We'd be really interested to hear specifics about good/bad.
Forewarned is forearmed so to speak.

Also (as my wife is most concerned about them) how are the mozzies?????
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Carrianne,

So glad that you are enjoying your new home.

It is nice to hear from you again and like you, I have not pre-conceived ideas about our move to Oz. I want things to be different, not the same as here. What's the point of moving so far away if all you want is the same as here.

Anway take care and let us all have regular updates.

Mandy
Old Jun 26th 2004, 12:49 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear from you ......agree totally , got to put at least as much effort in making it work out there , as you did trying to get there !

all the best plum
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

The mozzies are ok as long as you put your spray on in summer.

the best bit of advice I can give, is research and be prepared for being upset and emotional and having up and down emotions. That way it won't be a roller coaster.