Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

4 Million Aussies stamped the UK

4 Million Aussies stamped the UK

Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default 4 Million Aussies stamped the UK

I just opened an email from my travel agent. Found this funny.

In last weeks Singapore airline sale to the Uk, 4000 super cheap seats were available from OZ to the UK.

However the lines were jammed for days as 4 MILLION Aussies tried to get the fares.

Can you imagine one in 5 Aussies was on the phone trying to get to the UK.

Looks like takings at the Big Banana will be down this year.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4 Million Aussies stamped the UK

Originally posted by dotty

In last weeks Singapore airline sale to the Uk, 4000 super cheap seats were available from OZ to the UK.

However the lines were jammed for days as 4 MILLION Aussies tried to get the fares.

No surprise to me. Most ozzies are not as thick as the future immos from the UK on this site. I am thinking the other 16 million did not hear about the offer.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Million Aussies stamped the UK

Originally posted by dotty

Half the buggers will stay this refugee problem will be the end of the UK , Make GB Aussie Free .

Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:20 am
The Tooth Fairy

Singapore Air Going for Broke Before Going Broke

Cheap tickets = long holiday in Singapore Airport?

Old Jun 20th 2003, 5:16 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
Singapore Air Going for Broke Before Going Broke

Cheap tickets = long holiday in Singapore Airport?
A statistic i heard was that there are over 2 million antipodeans in London at any one time, the majority of which are on Working holiday VISAs.

Out of all the Aussies ive met in London (and ive met quite a few), they all had one thing in common...they all prefered it in oz, and they all were going to return home.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to say we met several Aussies in Banff,Canada this year and they also were looking forward to going home to Australia, and most of them were in their early twenties.

footie chick
Old Jun 20th 2003, 6:44 pm
Badge

It's true - most of them love it whilst they are here - of course they would - they are earning pounds , getting good experience, spending time with their antipodean mates - yet most always are glad to go back...

badgers

Old Jun 20th 2003, 7:14 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

Most ozzies are not as thick as the future immos from the UK
So it must take a really thick immo from the UK to go to aus and stay there for 30 years wilf
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 1:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
A statistic i heard was that there are over 2 million antipodeans in London at any one time, the majority of which are on Working holiday VISAs.

Out of all the Aussies ive met in London (and ive met quite a few), they all had one thing in common...they all prefered it in oz, and they all were going to return home.

Bull that Rolf Harris bugger said that and hes gone to ground , these people from poorer countries are ripping off the UK.
Make GB Aussie Free