Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

4 Bed 2 Bath Lowset Brick For Rent from Mon 3rd July Redcliffe $310 a week

4 Bed 2 Bath Lowset Brick For Rent from Mon 3rd July Redcliffe $310 a week

Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:36 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 4 Bed 2 Bath Lowset Brick For Rent from Mon 3rd July Redcliffe $310 a week

Hi All

I'm advertising again... We're breaking our lease at the beginning of next month and, as well as helping ourselves, we'd like to help someone else by drawing your attention to this great house in Redcliffe. The rent's just gone up so it may seem expensive but they're all going up around here so it's on par with other houses for rent. There's not many brick estates in Redcliffe, (apart from the very expensive canal homes across the road) lots of townhouses and units but if you want space to move and somewhere for the kids to play then you need a house like this. It's at the bottom of a quiet cul-de-sac and the neighbours are fantastic, not just in this street but in other streets on the estate too. We rented a townhouse for the first 6 months we were here but we didn't really settle until we moved into this house and made friends. The kids play out on the front and it's very safe for them. There's a park about 2 mins walk away , which you can see if you look out the side windows. The Dolphins Rugby Leagues club is within walking distance which has an English Bar, an International Sports Bar, 3 different restaurants, large entertainment area and bar, kids club, bottle shop and the usual pokies, keno and TAB. So you can go out for a drink without taking the car and even take the kids along until about 9.30pm!
There's an abc childcare centre just down the road and a good state primary school (scarborough) nearby too (as well as a private catholic school).

It's got a great internal laundry, a large carpeted lounge area and big tiled family/dining room and kitchen, all bedrooms have built-ins and the master has a walk-in robe and ensuite, huge double garage with power points and electric roller door, big driveway comfortabely fits 2 cars.

We've been really happy here and get on so well with our next door neighbours that we go everywhere together now and will be really upset to leave them although we're only moving down the road to the house we've bought.

And for anyone thinking of living in Redcliffe, I can highly recommend it. We had our ups and downs when deciding where to live as people would say bad things about Redcliffe but we've lived here a year now and I work here in a Chemist on the seafront and I can tell you now, we are so thankful that we ignored the bad comments about Redcliffe and trusted our instincts about the place. Some people's view I think stem from how Redcliffe used to be but it's getting better and more popular all the time. There's always something family orientated going on and it's just a great place to live. Redcliffe High has a better reputaion than it used to have and did really well recently with a high number of students gaining really good OP's.

Anyway, that's enough of me harping on about Redcliffe, if anyone's interested in the house let me know or just log on to www.realestate.com.au and search the rentals using postcode 4020. The ad says BIG, BIG HOME... and is let through Richardson & Wrench in Paddington. The house is actually listed as Scarborough but the postal address is Redcliffe. It's just on the border of Redcliffe and Scarborough. It's on Robert Close so if you have a Brisbane refidex you can look it up.

Cheers
Rachel
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:21 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Bed 2 Bath Lowset Brick For Rent from Mon 3rd July Redcliffe $310 a week

Had our first viewers tonight and they liked it so we'll have to see if they decide to go for it. The contract completes on our house that we're buying on Tuesday so it's all very exciting. Can't wait to get in there and measure for new carpets and curtains. Only thing is I've got to help paint the house! Oh well it'll be worth it when we move in and then we'll REALLY be settled in oz. Can't beleive how fast the first year's gone. I remember thinking it would never happen and now we've been here over a year and are buying our own house!

R
X
Old Jun 9th 2006, 10:57 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Bed 2 Bath Lowset Brick For Rent from Mon 3rd July Redcliffe $310 a week

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
Anyway, that's enough of me harping on about Redcliffe, if anyone's interested in the house let me know or just log on to www.realestate.com.au and search the rentals using postcode 4020. The ad says BIG, BIG HOME... and is let through Richardson & Wrench in Paddington. The house is actually listed as Scarborough but the postal address is Redcliffe. It's just on the border of Redcliffe and Scarborough. It's on Robert Close so if you have a Brisbane refidex you can look it up.

Cheers
Rachel

I was reading this and thinking that Redcliff is no where near scarborough but then looked at your profile and found out your in Qld and not WA