Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3rd time lucky!!!!!

3rd time lucky!!!!!

Old Apr 1st 2006, 10:59 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Talking 3rd time lucky!!!!!

well xmas 2006 will be our third xmas down under...... and i'm already excited!

Mum has only got herself a flight to visit from october 26th to return home on australia day..... have to say..... it will be just ova two yrs since we saw her when she arrives and we are chuffed to bits..... tbh we thought she'd never fly out at 81 but she taken the plunge and we are so proud ov her!

can i ask...... she is booked to travel with singapore air.....

....... she has only got a booking confirmation giving details of all flight numbers etc..... but no ticket.... i think i heard that this is her ticket any1 confirm please....

boomie

xxxx
Old Apr 1st 2006, 11:05 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3rd time lucky!!!!!

Originally Posted by Boomie

Mum has only got herself a flight to visit from october 26th to return home on australia day..... have to say..... it will be just ova two yrs since we saw her when she arrives and we are chuffed to bits..... tbh we thought she'd never fly out at 81 but she taken the plunge and we are so proud ov her!

....... she has only got a booking confirmation giving details of all flight numbers etc..... but no ticket.... i think i heard that this is her ticket any1 confirm please....

boomie

xxxx
Yes, the booking confirmation form is the ticket until your mum gets to check in...then they give her the actual tickets themselves

Your house looks super...and your mum will be so proud of you guys once she sees how well you have done in the short space of time since you got here.

Great news Boomie. I know how important this is to you!
Old Apr 1st 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

boomie

xxxx

When we booked online with Singapore Air and we only needed our passports and the confirmation at the airport as it was all done electronically. Once you have booked your flight you can go online and book your actual seat too. My mum is coming over in June and although she is only 73, she has never flown before so it is a huge thing for her.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 11:12 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

boomie

xxxx

Good for her and lovely for you!!!
I cant wait for the day my mum tells me that she has booked a ticket. I think of her every day, even driving to work I am thinking oh yeah I could take her there and oh she would love that building, she would love that shop.
And yes that is right Singapore Airlines only issue confirmation until check in, if she worries about that reassure her that its a good thing because as long has she has that number written in her address book/diary then she doesn't have to worry about losing her ticket in the meantime.