Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

350pw for Brisbane rental reasonable?

350pw for Brisbane rental reasonable?

Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

wonderingaloud is on a distinguished road
Default 350pw for Brisbane rental reasonable?

Hi my hubby and I are moving to Brisbane in about 3 weeks time
No kiddiwinks, and I have a job at the mater mothers hospital in south bank. Not sure on where to live yet but quite like look of Wellington point, bracken ridge, corrparoo or even inner city like bulimba or new farm. As I will be the sole earner until hubby finds work we are looking at 350 pw or maybe a little more. Would you say this is a reasonable budget for something decent for a young couple?
Anyones thoughts on nice suburbs within a 30 min commute to cbd would be fab also
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: 350pw for Brisbane rental reasonable?

Originally Posted by wonderingaloud
No kiddiwinks, and I have a job at the mater mothers hospital in south bank. Not sure on where to live yet but quite like look of Wellington point, bracken ridge, corrparoo or even inner city like bulimba or new farm. As I will be the sole earner until hubby finds work we are looking at 350 pw or maybe a little more. Would you say this is a reasonable budget for something decent for a young couple?
Anyones thoughts on nice suburbs within a 30 min commute to cbd would be fab also
You might struggle to find a place that close into the city for 350 pw. We have a rental out at Runcorn (45 minutes on rail to CBD) and receive $345 pw on that. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom single level town house (very neat and tidy) with single garage on gated complex. That sort of rent appears to be about the normal for that area.

Hope this helps

Barney
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a search on realestate.com.au for units and apartments very close to the Mater under $400 per week. http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/pr...erredState=qld
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:11 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Near to city you might find a two bed small condo for $350 but a house will be more $450
you better check site as stated www.realestate.com.au
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

wonderingaloud is on a distinguished road

Hi and thanks. I do seem to be spending a large part of my waking hours on that site at the moment
I guess it's do able then- just wanted to make sure my budget was ok, and wouldn't end up with a complete wreck

Anyone got any thoughts on suburbs close to mater in terms of good reputation/recommended areas?

Thanks guys
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:24 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

$500pw is more like if you want something close and decent, but will be on the 2 bed or 3 bed side. A decent apartment is also around that or more.

East Brisbane is not far from Mater and not a bad area, but expensiveish.

You are better off on the south side of the river as crossing it is a pain in rush hour.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:13 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

If I was in your shoes, I would rent close to the Mater for 6 or 12months. This will be a little expensive, but you'll be able to enjoy living close to work, and the city. Then in future, it will give you a benchmark when you start thinking about living a bit further out.

good luck !
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Josiejo2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try looking on www.seqrents.com.au