350 cubic feet

Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default 350 cubic feet

Hi everyone, we recently used an online calculator with Exess International which estimated we would be shipping approx 350 cubic feet from door to door(england to brisbane).Today we received a quote for £1730 and we were wondering if anyone had shipped this amount and what they were quoted and by whom.
any assistance greatly appreciated
regards bobby
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 350 cubic feet

We are currently working out how much cubic-footage we will need to store & transport our furniture - we have a three-bed terrace at the moment, so three beds, plus 2 sofas, dining table & chairs, 2 dressers, coffee table, some bookshelves - and ideas of a ball-park cubic footage?!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

ok we did 317 3 months ago for £1500, hope that helps
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:38 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours was 450 and ever so slightly cheaper than that. Check it out. The issue with a shared container is that you have to wait for it to get full... Do compare with the price for a whole container...

And also, play off one company against the other... 'So and so said they'd do it for 250 quid less but we'd rather go with you guys, can you do us a deal?.... and when they go down, ring your other shipper and ask them. Keep going until you get a firm 'no'... No harm in asking.

Good luck.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

European Van Lines seem to give cheap quotes right off the bat. Get them to quote, they can do it over the phone.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Hi everyone, we recently used an online calculator with Exess International which estimated we would be shipping approx 350 cubic feet from door to door(england to brisbane).Today we received a quote for £1730 and we were wondering if anyone had shipped this amount and what they were quoted and by whom.
any assistance greatly appreciated
regards bobby
Thanks for the info. I've been trying to find the price of shipping by the cubic foot for a while. Seems to work out at about 5 GBP per cubic foot, so by my calculations that would cost about £600 for a king size bed! (divan and matress). I think I'll by new when (if!) I get there.

cheers

Andy
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

thanx people for the advice.will follow this up asap
cheers bobby
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Thanks for the info. I've been trying to find the price of shipping by the cubic foot for a while. Seems to work out at about 5 GBP per cubic foot, so by my calculations that would cost about £600 for a king size bed! (divan and matress). I think I'll by new when (if!) I get there.

cheers

Andy
Hi Andy
It depends on how much you take, basically the more you take the cheaper per cubic foot. When we were considering whether to bring our two leather sofas the bloke worked it out and told us we were paying £80 each for shipping so we brought them as that was alot less than replacement cost!