Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

350,000 Mortgage in QLD how much a month?

350,000 Mortgage in QLD how much a month?

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:53 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 350,000 Mortgage in QLD how much a month?

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
We have been told by a number of banks and lenders that as soon as one of us gets a permanent job in the same line of work that we did in the UK they would give us a mortgage as they see that as a stable job. Even if it's just written confirmation that we have a perm job and are getting paid $xxx a week.
The other one of us has to be working aswell but doesnt matter what sort of job aslong as it's bringing money in, and must provide just 1 wage slip.

This is also with us having no deposit as such to put down. 2.5% if we're lucky, and we're looking at a mortgage of $350,000 - $380,000

Marie
Have you been asking major banks ie Westpac etc.. Just curious as we won't have a major amount to put down. One of us will be working full time and the other will have to do agency nursing to fit in with the kids.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

coast101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by annqldau
phew!!! found online statement hope that will do, original will be in a shredder pile somewhere on a dump... .

Didn't even keep solicitor stuff as thought just sit's in draw for years.

Annqldau empty your pm box trying to send you a message
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:19 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I've deleted some but can't find the other 80 it mentions...LOL...but should be room now... .
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:22 am

Found them, didn't know it kept the sent messages as well... .

Binned the lot....it's all clear...so send away .
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:36 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Have you been asking major banks ie Westpac etc.. Just curious as we won't have a major amount to put down. One of us will be working full time and the other will have to do agency nursing to fit in with the kids.

Cheers

Ginny

We've asked all sorts of places. Westpac didn't seem that good to be honest, there were alot of charges for this , that and the other. They also wanted 3 months work history from the pair of us.
The bank that did the best deal for us was St George. You can get a 97.5% mortgage with them and they take into consideration the first home owners loan. Interest rates were competitive and there didn't appear to be any hidden charges.
Over the next couple of weeks we are going to be looking more throughly. The salon I'm going to be working in opens this week so I can finally say I'm working and hubbys course finishes this week aswell so then he'll be looking for work aswell.
Now is finally the time we can get serious about getting a mortgage.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

coast101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by annqldau
Found them, didn't know it kept the sent messages as well... .

Binned the lot....it's all clear...so send away .

Sent you a PM
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:18 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Had a look at the Debit cards Hels but not sure about the costs associated with them. Still early stages on the debate on whether to get a credit card or not. I don't think I would move Banks just to get a debit card. Other charges to take into account. I am with the National at the moment and able to run my account charge free at the moment.
I have an online HSBC savings account which I run fee free no problems. I just popped into the branch and asked for additional 'visa debit' cards so we could pay in hotels/ online up to the value of what we had in our account. Using the 'credit' facility, you have no maximum daily spending limit and no fees to do this. When we first arrived we couldn't buy our fridge in one day as it cost $1699 - so we did Eftpos for $1000 1 day then $699 the next day - it was a complete pain - the visa debit card dosen't give you any credit but you can live by your means and use it where there is only the 'visa' symbol displayed as preferred payment method - we have found that they won't do Eftpos in restaurants - is this the norm?

Lynn
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:24 pm

Not sure about the Eftpos in Resaurants Lynn....wish we could out house loan on the visa card as they did say no limit if signed for...LOL.

St. Georges seem to get some good write up's but supose it depends on everyones individual circumstances.

Did people just go to banks they weren't members of or did you go through mortgage broker and if so what is your experience of them?
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
we have found that they won't do Eftpos in restaurants - is this the norm?

Lynn
When you say EFTPOS, do you mean for debit cards.

We always use credit cards at restaurants etc, so never had an experience with not being able to use debit cards, although I do find it a bit odd if they don't allow them.

Which restaurants have you had that experience with ?

Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:28 am

So those of you who found good banks did you do it yourself or go through mortgage broker?
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:57 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
When you say EFTPOS, do you mean for debit cards.

We always use credit cards at restaurants etc, so never had an experience with not being able to use debit cards, although I do find it a bit odd if they don't allow them.

Which restaurants have you had that experience with ?
Hi

Yes I was meaning Debit cards - it happened in Sydney - in 2 seperate restaurants - they only took credit not debit cards which I thought was strange as I used my switch card all the time in Scotland. I have the visa debit card now anyway so haven't tried anywhere in Bayside - just use the visa debit card with no problems - at the time when we were in Sydney the card wasn't fully activated yet so I had to use visa debit card from UK that I luckily had!!!

Lynn
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:44 pm

Cheers Coast 101 will keep all my pay packets asap.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:13 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

The interest rate in Oz is much higher than the UK, seems good to bring as much UK money as possible to lower the mortgage payments then.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 6:09 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point

The interest rates in Australia are a lot higher than UK and it is a bit of a worry but I remember the Interest rates in the UK being steep years ago when we first bought our first property.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 6:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
We've asked all sorts of places. Westpac didn't seem that good to be honest, there were alot of charges for this , that and the other. They also wanted 3 months work history from the pair of us.
The bank that did the best deal for us was St George. You can get a 97.5% mortgage with them and they take into consideration the first home owners loan. Interest rates were competitive and there didn't appear to be any hidden charges.
Over the next couple of weeks we are going to be looking more throughly. The salon I'm going to be working in opens this week so I can finally say I'm working and hubbys course finishes this week aswell so then he'll be looking for work aswell.
Now is finally the time we can get serious about getting a mortgage.
Cheers for that...If you get a chance keep us posted to what happens. Would be really interested.

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.