Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

32 hours left.........

32 hours left.........

Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 28 hours left.........

.........before I leave my house here in the UK to get my plane.

I'm and need a and, to be honest a bit :scared: too!!

Cas

Last edited by carolinegorka; Jan 9th 2005 at 1:12 am.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 32 hours left.........

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Cas
You'll be fine.

Have a good trip Cas.

Keep in touch

G
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:27 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Cas
I can remember being very, very :scared: when we left our UK house for the last time. The taxi came to take us away about 30 mins after the packers had left; that last half hour in the house, walking round the emptiness, thinking 'oh my god, WHAT have we done???' was really scary!!

But soon we were on our way to my lovely parents in law in Kent, for our last w/e in Blighty, & MIL had the G&Ts ready & waiting for us....

I knew then it was all going to be OK.

Good luck & don't worry about being sh*t scared - it is quite normal!!

Anya.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I can remember being very, very :scared: when we left our UK house for the last time. The taxi came to take us away about 30 mins after the packers had left; that last half hour in the house, walking round the emptiness, thinking 'oh my god, WHAT have we done???' was really scary!!

But soon we were on our way to my lovely parents in law in Kent, for our last w/e in Blighty, & MIL had the G&Ts ready & waiting for us....

I knew then it was all going to be OK.

Good luck & don't worry about being sh*t scared - it is quite normal!!

Anya.
Been for a (for a while), last meal with my folks tonight - was really nice, which put my heart at ease a fair amount. Having a day to myself tomorrow - had 5 house viewers this weekend, so been busy. Good in a way though!

Cas
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:38 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Cas

You wouldn't be normal if you weren't a little bit :scared:
You will be fine and everything will turn out ok.
I can't imagine how you must be feelin .... but Im sure I will find out sure enough
Anyway have yourself a drink
And heres a toast to You, Your safe flight, a nice and comfy place to stay oh and a great job in a really nice hospital.... and Tony to keep you company

Take care Cas, enjoy it nate
Luv
Ang, Rich, Aimee and Georgia
xx
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
You wouldn't be normal if you weren't a little bit :scared:
You will be fine and everything will turn out ok.
I can't imagine how you must be feelin .... but Im sure I will find out sure enough
Anyway have yourself a drink
And heres a toast to You, Your safe flight, a nice and comfy place to stay oh and a great job in a really nice hospital.... and Tony to keep you company

Take care Cas, enjoy it nate
Luv
Ang, Rich, Aimee and Georgia
xx

Thanks Ang !

Keep in touch, I want to hear hows its going for you all.

Be online soon to let everyone know (who's interested !) how things are going.

Luv, Cas xx
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:45 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ang !

Keep in touch, I want to hear hows its going for you all.

Be online soon to let everyone know (who's interested !) how things are going.

Luv, Cas xx
Of courser we are interested.....
I will email you as soon as we hear from the hospital in Brizzie.
Goin to bed now as my eyes are startin to droop

See you matie xx
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice
Default Re: 28 hours left.........

Cas
Good luck for the flight, its very strange getting on that plane at Manchester not knowing if/when you'll ever see UK again and even stranger when you get to the other end and think this is home. But don't worry you'll be fine.
Mandy
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:30 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Cas

Hi Cas,

Not long to go now!!!
Hope you have a really good flight and good luck!

Shell
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:43 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cas,

Good luck!! Am so envious.....

My goodness, 28 hours left!

All the best for you and Tony in Mellie - we'll hopefully be over there by October (fingers crossed) so I'll be riveted to catch your posts from 'the other side!'.

TTFN

D D xx
Old Jan 9th 2005, 11:18 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

that must make it about 20 hours to go now then......................

Good luck Cas, have a good flight....what time do you fly?

looking forward to your posts on 'the other side'!!!

take care,

sue x
Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:33 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD LUCK CAS!!!!!

Can't be long now!!?

It must be worth all the panic now!!? Hows the family behaving about you going - I think that must be the most stressful part when the family start getting upset.

Have a safe flight and fill us in soon!

Lynn
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

14 hours to go now before I leave the house for the last time.

I've got the biggest butterfly in my stomach I've ever had - but at least I'm packed and have everything to hand (hang on I'll just check - again!!)

My flight is at 10.10 from Manchester - that airport has taken me to some great places and has been the start of many fantastic journeys - this must be the best though.

Not sure if I'll sleep much tonight if at all - lucky I've still got the PC until tomorrow - looks like another long stint online................

Cas xx
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cas

Nervous, why? It's only a new job for goodness sake, nothing major. Anyone would think you are moving to the other side of the world

Am sure you have said, but can't remember, are you heading straight for Melbourne or stopping off? Is Tony travelling with you or joining you later - sorry really can't remember.

Whatever, have a great flight, and get on line as soon as you can whilst standing upside down
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Less than 14 hours left.........

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi Cas

Nervous, why? It's only a new job for goodness sake, nothing major. Anyone would think you are moving to the other side of the world

Am sure you have said, but can't remember, are you heading straight for Melbourne or stopping off? Is Tony travelling with you or joining you later - sorry really can't remember.

Whatever, have a great flight, and get on line as soon as you can whilst standing upside down
Only stopping in Singapore for 16 hours - booked a hotel room for 12 of those, so I can have a sleep and a bath. Then I'll be fine and bright when I get to Mel - yeah, right !

Tony is flying from Heathrow - same time, but will get to Melbourne a day before me - jammy bugger (only has a 2 hour stop in Singapore).

Know what you mean when I think logically - nothing to it really - only leaving family and friends who I love, a good job, lovely house in a beautiful part of the country, etc, etc to go to God knows what............

Post again when I'm upside-down

Cas xx

Last edited by carolinegorka; Jan 9th 2005 at 3:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.