Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

30,000 New Zealanders a year move into Queensland?

30,000 New Zealanders a year move into Queensland?

Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:14 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 30,000 New Zealanders a year move into Queensland?

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
How long to go?

I'm not just saying this and I know I've only been in Brisbane a few months, but its bloody great. The good thing is because we left the UK 3 years ago we have not had the home sickness feeling and doubt we will now.

This place is ace, just can't wait for the wife to get here just hope she likes the car and house I've bought her, oh and the boat I've bought for our Harry, when he's older he'll be able to drive it as well!
We were aiming for Easter but can't see that happening somehow .

We're still getting the stuff together for the visas. Just started working on the skills assessment and asking previous employers for references, have already sent off UK police checks. We're doing both the ENS and an online E157 (employer's idea) which should be fun!! Hubs may go over as soon as the temp visa's through but me and the kids may wait until the PR has been granted.

How long before you and the family are back together again?

What's winter like in Brissy, I've never been there at that time of year and i'm wondering if i should 'Trademe' off some stuff before we go (fleeces, electric blankets, radiators etc)
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 30,000 New Zealanders a year move into Queensland?

Originally Posted by Nerine
What's winter like in Brissy, I've never been there at that time of year and i'm wondering if i should 'Trademe' off some stuff before we go (fleeces, electric blankets, radiators etc)
I would keep them. Drops to about 4 degrees at night in most of Brisbane, inland eg Ipswich it can get to minus 6 degrees at night, plus bear in mind QLD houses heating systems are similar to NZ ones.

Buzzy
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:16 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Buzzy, I'd noticed that some of the houses had woodburners and wondered how cold it gets at night.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely bring the stuff. Even if you are in an area that doesn't get as cold as NZ, when the day time temps are a healthy 20+ to drop down to single or low double figures as soon as the sun goes - you feel damn cold - but mainly indoors. You may not want the rads etc in your first winter but I bet you will in the following winter.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:46 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
If any of you lonely Kiwis out there need cheered up.

http://adultsheepfinder.com/

LOL should help the welsh Too !
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
LOL should help the welsh Too !
Actually its more likely to help the country with the most sheep in the world, as a total and a % of human population - Australia!

Buzzy