Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3 Weeks to go and no worries

3 Weeks to go and no worries

Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

lazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant future
Default 3 Weeks to go and no worries

Am i the only one who is moving and dosnt actually think anything of it? Ive read so many posts of people going crazy but here I am living in an empty house because ive shipped all my stuff and I sort of feel indifferent to it all.

Sure im excited to be starting a new adventure, but when I think about it its just a new job in a different place. Ive never been to oz in my life, so have no idea what to expect but strangely im totally calm!!

Shipping was a bit stressful I suppose, im fairly sure they wedged cardboard tight aginst my £1300 LCD TV screen which will probably kill it by the time it arrives but its only a TV...........
I think I need to do a sky dive or something to see if anything can get a reaction out of me.

I guess I've moved every year for the last 10 years in the UK with uni and work and renting so maybe I just feel like its yet another move, stuff gets broken, friends come and go and life goes on

I'm just looking forward to cycling around a new place. So long as the job turns out good then there will be no problem.

Am I being far too laid back about this, I think one day I'll wake up in Adelaide go to open a bank account set a few things up and rent a place to live and then next year move all my stuff again to another rented place somewhere and carry on as usual

Was anyone else like this? Or do I need a slap to make me realise what im actually doing!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:19 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: 3 Weeks to go and no worries

Originally Posted by lazerzxr
Am i the only one who is moving and dosnt actually think anything of it? Ive read so many posts of people going crazy but here I am living in an empty house because ive shipped all my stuff and I sort of feel indifferent to it all.

Sure im excited to be starting a new adventure, but when I think about it its just a new job in a different place. Ive never been to oz in my life, so have no idea what to expect but strangely im totally calm!!

Shipping was a bit stressful I suppose, im fairly sure they wedged cardboard tight aginst my £1300 LCD TV screen which will probably kill it by the time it arrives but its only a TV...........
I think I need to do a sky dive or something to see if anything can get a reaction out of me.

I guess I've moved every year for the last 10 years in the UK with uni and work and renting so maybe I just feel like its yet another move, stuff gets broken, friends come and go and life goes on

I'm just looking forward to cycling around a new place. So long as the job turns out good then there will be no problem.

Am I being far too laid back about this, I think one day I'll wake up in Adelaide go to open a bank account set a few things up and rent a place to live and then next year move all my stuff again to another rented place somewhere and carry on as usual

Was anyone else like this? Or do I need a slap to make me realise what im actually doing!!
Wow I want some of what you're having!! I'm so stressed I burst into tears over absolutely everything! Good luck with everything I defo wish I could be more relaxed like you!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:20 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I am in the same frame of mind. We are going in 8 weeks only known for last two weeks that it was happening. Flights are booked.

It is our second time so perhaps its cause we have done it before although never visited Brisbane and was not 32wks pregnant the last time.

My mum thinks we are mad and tells me constantly but I just see it we are living life to the full and grabbing every opportunity. This time we are renting and will probably be on the move again in 6 months time (within Oz).

Good luck with the move

Jo
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

lazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant future

Cheers Jo

Im a bloke so at least I dont have to deal with being pregnant too, maybe that would be enough to get me thinking! Who knows

Maybe its not just me then.