Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3 Reasons for the Move to OZ?

3 Reasons for the Move to OZ?

Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default 3 Reasons for the Move to OZ?

I am sure this has been done a million times before, so huge apologies... We are about to leave england for pastures new and I've been wondering what 'individual' reasons and motives are? If you had just three to pick, it may only take one, what would yours' be?

I'm not 'just' wanting a complete love fest here, I'll take it anyway it comes! but completely appreciate, that most importantly, you meet someone and you just quite literally have to move to the other side of the earth to be with them...

Just wondering and really needing a bit of rationality and reason... cos i've misplaced mine, along with marbles, in my suitcase!

if you had only 3 reasons (max) to give, what would they be?

bob...
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 Reasons for the Move to OZ?

weather, outdoor lifestyle, adventure!

Cadman
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:27 pm
ABCDiamond

1. I never need worry about really cold weather again.
  2. I am able to live mortgage free, on the coast, from the sale of UK property (I timed it right )
  3. I like the lifestyle here

Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Mine would be change of lifestyle, a challenge-moving 4 kids and a dog across the world thats abig challenge! and the weather.
Chris
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cadman
weather, outdoor lifestyle, adventure!

Cadman
my sentiments exactly, honestly, only fault with perth, no skiing, no dry slopes, whatever!

good luck...
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond]
  1. I never need worry about really cold weather again.
  2. I am able to live mortgage free, on the coast, from the sale of UK property (I timed it right )
  3. I like the lifestyle here
[/QUOTE

Congrats ABC for good timing... long may you reap the rewards...

bob
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:40 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

1. Finest beaches on the planet
2. Berry Donut Shop (if you're heading down the Princes Highway south from Sydney, be sure to stop off and try one)
3. Just the lifestyle.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:46 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

1 = Totally had enough of the rubbish going on in London, with all they grey skies and grey faces...and the rat race... the tube..aaaahhhh

2 = Wanted a more positive outlook on life, friendlier attitude,

3 = The boyfriend was getting extremely homesick
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:53 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

1. Adventure, something different from the norm.
2. Climate, makes it easier to enjoy outdoor life.
3. Attitude, relaxed and easy going.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:46 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

1 - wanted a change before the rut grew too big
2 - hubby likes the hotter weather
3 - they speak english
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

optus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=honeybob]I am sure this has been done a million times before, so huge apologies... We are about to leave england for pastures new and I've been wondering what 'individual' reasons and motives are? If you had just three to pick, it may only take one, what would yours' be?

To get away from:
(1) Tony Blair
(2) Michael Howard
(3) Royal Family :scared: (but big ears is coming for a visit)
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I am desperate to earn less money and pay more tax.

I think working in Perth's current 42degrees will be fun.

I hate travel and wish to live in one of the worlds most isolated countries.

Having 3 kids the idea of paying for education, medical, dental, prescriptions really appeals to me.

Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:37 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I am desperate to earn less money and pay more tax.

I think working in Perth's current 42degrees will be fun.

I hate travel and wish to live in one of the worlds most isolated countries.

Having 3 kids the idea of paying for education, medical, dental, prescriptions really appeals to me.

Many people earn good pay in OZ it depends on what your occupation is.
The cost of living is less in OZ, Much cheaper housing, petrol etc.

No where is isolated in the 21st century. Its not like 100 years ago when it look 2 months to sail to Europe, you can hop on a plane and be anywhere in the world in no time. Anyway you can spend a lifetime traveling around OZ because it is such a large fantastic country with different landscapes and climates, from rainforests, tropical islands, snowcapped mountains, deserts,
greencountryside, Thousands of miles of fantastic beaches and coastal scenery.

Perth weather is hot for 3 months of the year, but fantastic the rest, if you
think Perth is to hot then don't live there, live in TAS, NSW or VIC, which
have a relatively cool climate most of time.

Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:38 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=optus]
Originally Posted by honeybob
I am sure this has been done a million times before, so huge apologies... We are about to leave england for pastures new and I've been wondering what 'individual' reasons and motives are? If you had just three to pick, it may only take one, what would yours' be?

To get away from:
(1) Tony Blair
(2) Michael Howard
(3) Royal Family :scared: (but big ears is coming for a visit)
To be governed by little johney howard

until Kim Beazley takes over

to get away from the royal family.. yep no interest in them here..
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hutch
1. Finest beaches on the planet
2. Berry Donut Shop (if you're heading down the Princes Highway south from Sydney, be sure to stop off and try one)
3. Just the lifestyle.
Do you mean that donut van next to the petrol station?? We just drove through Berry on Sunday on the way back from camping and I was wondering what the donuts would be like there..........

1. More space & lifestyle
2. climate
3. preferred Sydney, to other destinations in the world that we had considered.

and all this despite having high dental costs. Cheap petrol makes up for it a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.