Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3 points for speeding!!! will it matter??

3 points for speeding!!! will it matter??

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 9:15 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 points for speeding!!! will it matter??

oh my god...got a letter today from the ploice...oops...caught speeding 3 points on licence( is that how you spell it..im not illiterate honest)..will it effect my police check...i dont think it will ...but...panic mode..arrgghh
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 12:06 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 points for speeding!!! will it matter??

Spelling? Try http://www.dictionary.com/ :-)

Speeding? Doubt it would cause any problems with your police check, unless you smashed into someone while you were flooring the pedal.

Peter.

P.S. It's "licence" for Queen's English, and "license" for American English. Take your pick :-)

Originally posted by yvsie
oh my god...got a letter today from the ploice...oops...caught speeding 3 points on licence( is that how you spell it..im not illiterate honest)..will it effect my police check...i dont think it will ...but...panic mode..arrgghh
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner has 3 points for speeding and 3 points for a careless driving offence and neither of these showed up on the police check - so I wouldn't worry about it.

Lizzie
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 6:02 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that....in my panic couldnt spell police even....

calming down now......phew!!!
Old Jun 24th 2002, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be OK, Yvonne. I had 3 points for speeding and it didn't show up on my police check.

Good luck!

Colin
Old Jun 25th 2002, 7:20 am
Amos

I think that only CRIMINAL offences are considered for visa. If I remember correctly
they even specifically exclude traffic related offences in the form (or in the
explenations in the booklet).

Cheers,

--Amos

yvsie <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > thanks for that....in my panic couldnt spell police even....
    >
    >
    >
    > calming down now......phew!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Yvonne
    >
    > BBQ & VB
    >
    > kitkatz
    >
    > izzy knight
    >
    > Sue
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 25th 2002, 9:21 am
Thunder Ace

colin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > You'll be OK, Yvonne. I had 3 points for speeding and it didn't show up on my
    > police check.
    >
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Colin

You're forgetting something here. The focus seems to be on the results of the check.
The point is it doesn't matter if the offence shows up on the police check. It
usually doesn't, but you are still required to tell DIMIA in your application. You
are required to list all offences, even if they are spent. You can take the chance
and keep quiet, but if it is discovered later, you will be seen as dishonest, which
is effectively true. For SP30 offences and similar, you may as well declare it as it
won't affect the decision. I declared an SP30 even though it was not on the Police
check and it made no difference.

Thunder Ace

Old Jun 25th 2002, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I declared my SP30...might as well eh..
Old Jun 25th 2002, 2:20 pm
Thunder Ace

[email protected] (Amos) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I think that only CRIMINAL offences are considered for visa. If I remember
    > correctly they even specifically exclude traffic related offences in the form (or
    > in the explenations in the booklet).

Not true Amos, all offences must be declared

Thunder Ace

>
    > Cheers,
    >
    > --Amos
    >
    > yvsie <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > thanks for that....in my panic couldnt spell police even....
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > calming down now......phew!!!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Yvonne
    > >
    > > BBQ & VB
    > >
    > > kitkatz
    > >
    > > izzy knight
    > >
    > > Sue
    > >
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 25th 2002, 8:53 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

thanks for that guys....
Im am a very honest person and would declare my 3 points...it just worried me whether it would effect my police check decision...

the other thing is...will it effect my driving licence in oz...do the points carry over?? ie when im taking test over there...and how long are they there for??if i were to stay in uk that is?

thanks again ...this ng is soooooooooooo helpful
xx
Old Jun 26th 2002, 9:20 am
Thunder Ace

yvsie <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > thanks for that guys.... Im am a very honest person and would declare my 3
    > points...it just worried me whether it would effect my police check decision...
    >
    > the other thing is...will it effect my driving licence in oz...do the points carry
    > over?? ie when im taking test over there...and how long are they there for??if i
    > were to stay in uk that is?
    >
    >
    > thanks again ...this ng is soooooooooooo helpful xx

No, I don't they they can carry over. You will start with a new clean licence once
you pass your test.

Old Jun 26th 2002, 1:20 pm
Amos

[email protected] (Thunder Ace) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > [email protected] (Amos) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > > I think that only CRIMINAL offences are considered for visa. If I remember
    > > correctly they even specifically exclude traffic related offences in the form (or
    > > in the explenations in the booklet).
    >
    > Not true Amos, all offences must be declared
    >
    > Thunder Ace

Thanks for the correction. Indeed I don't see any mention of traffic violations in
the form or the information booklet.

For a second I became worried because someone I complained about years ago falsely
complained against me and so I expect this to show up in the police records, but I
didn't remember mentioning it in my application (both complaints were closed because
of lack of evidence).

I now have the 47SK application form PDF in front of me and I see that I only have to
mention open cases or offences in which I were convicted. and there are none of these
so this part was left empty.

So I should be OK, right?

Thanks,

--Amos

Old Jul 6th 2002, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to WA in two weeks. Hubby has 3 points on his license for speeding. Please advise:

1) When he gets an Australian license are the points transferred?

2) When hiring a rental car at the airport, will they ask about points, could it stop him being able to rent a car?
Old Jul 8th 2002, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jacqui

As you know I am also in WA. Both Scott and I have 3 points each and have just got our Aussie driving licences. (only need to do theory bit here - yippee!) There is no sign of our points and nobody even asked so your hubby will be fine.

Good luck with the move.

Claire
xx
Old Jul 8th 2002, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi yvsie sorry i didnt respond to your message well done on your positive assesment, speak too you soon
shaun and lor xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.