Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3 offers in 24 hours.............

3 offers in 24 hours.............

Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default 3 offers in 24 hours.............

Hi all

You can all uncross those bits now. I am here to tell you it worked. We have just received our 3rd offer from 3 different people in 24 hours. Now I'm in a completely different quandry........whose do I accept????????????

No. 1 turned down....too low

No. 2 This couple dropped out after having made an offer a few weeks ago and are back in the running again, but no chain, they are in rented and will move when we want but do not have a mortgage offer yet.

No 3 Lovely couple who REALLY want our house, they only put theirs on market to buy ours, but in a chain of 7, 4 out of 7 have mortgage offers the others are confident on getting them. They all want to move end of Oct/ beginning of Nov. We want to move Nov 5th. Offered 5 thousand more than No 2.

Please help, I should be jumping for joy but am really confused,

Lindsey

PS thanks to all who sent the positive vibes.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 3 offers in 24 hours.............

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi all

You can all uncross those bits now. I am here to tell you it worked. We have just received our 3rd offer from 3 different people in 24 hours. Now I'm in a completely different quandry........whose do I accept????????????

No. 2 This couple dropped out after having made an offer a few weeks ago and are back in the running again, but no chain, they are in rented and will move when we want but do not have a mortgage offer yet.

No 3 Lovely couple who REALLY want our house, they only put theirs on market to buy ours, but in a chain of 7, 4 out of 7 have mortgage offers the others are confident on getting them. They all want to move end of Oct/ beginning of Nov. We want to move Nov 5th. Offered 5 thousand more than No 2.

Lindsey

No. 3 ! Bt only because they 'REALLY want it'.
Good luck !

Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:14 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Hi all

Lindsey

Umm difficult one...can all the 7 people be moved by beginning Nov..but certainly tempting as £5000 more ...thats alot of money in Oz...

Be really interested to know did you sell this yourself as I seem to remember you having a go on-line. Or did you end up having to use the dredded estate agent in the end...?
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:21 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Lindsey

Hiya Lindsey,
Go for the second one. No chain. I know they don't have a mortgage offer yet but as long as they have no complications like CCJ's they should be alright. I got my first mortgage on the basis that I had a good rental history when I was at uni. I didn't even have a job, I was on supply. Fingers crossed with these two.
Sarah
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunately, yes we did have to go with the dreaded estate agent. We did have a few viewings from our online ad and if we weren't in such a hurry I would carry on that way but I soooo want to get to Aus this year. Time is running out. I am really making the agent work for his 4 and half thousand pounds. This afternoon I rang him four times and I have now got him checking the status of everyone in the chain and trying to get number 2 to up his offer. I think they regret taking me on as a client, but in all fairness I did warn them I wouldn't get off their back until they sold. I still don't know what to do......perhaps the second glass of red wine will help me make up my mind. LOL

Lindsey
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:32 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Thats good to know...I dont intend on being in a blinding hurry and on reading your posts a while ago on DIY selling deicided what a dam good idea,why hadnt I thought of it before...

So think I may still go with it...I like the idea of saving a few grand cos they really dont seem to do much for the money(unless they are being chased up like you are) good for you girl...All the best hope you can decide before the end of the bottle...te he...
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Peppi

Thanks for that, I've just realised you're in Devon, where abouts are you?

Lindsey
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

whose do I accept????????????
Personally I think I would go for No.2 Yes the promise of £5k is very tempting but a chain of 7 ? Think seven buyers, plus seven lots of estate agents, seven lots of solicitors, seven surveys. That's a whole lot of potential weak links.

(congrats BTW )
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sarah

Just starting third glass and no nearer deciding, I think I had better sleep on it before I drink myself senseless............or then again............???!!!

Lindsey
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:56 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi Sarah

Just starting third glass and no nearer deciding, I think I had better sleep on it before I drink myself senseless............or then again............???!!!

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey

I would go with No. 2, Your on a tight schedule and trying to get all 7 to play ball could be a nightmare.

Well done on the sale and good luck with your decision.

Julia
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Julia and WMoore

Yes I am swaying towards number 2.........or perhaps I'm just swaying now. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for replying, I get a warm feeling all over knowing there are people out there ready to listen and even reply. Isn't this a lovely forum, it makes me so happy.

God am I gonna regret this drink tomorrow. LOL

Lindsey
Old Sep 8th 2004, 11:42 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Before you give any firm answer, say to #2 that if they up their offer by 2,500 (going half way to what the other lot offered), and get a mortgage approved in writing (which they should be able to get approved or not in a couple of days, then the house is theirs. If they don`t get back in touch in the next few days with the mortgage approval then go with #3 but tell #3 that there is a time limit (prob early next year).

As house prices are going down though, hopefully #2 can buy your house as they will be the quickest option. If you waited another 6 months for #3 to be ready to complete then house prices will have gone down alot more than £5k and they would probably pull out anyway.

#2 is a winner if they get the deal started.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

OK

Decision made, I'm going with no. 2, for a few reasons but mainly I've found out that they are only in rented until end NOV so will want to move sooner rather than later and 7 people in a chain scares me to death. Even with all that red wine inside me last night I still only slept for about 3 hours while my mind went over every scenario possible.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Lindsey

PS sorry about the emotional claptrap last night, that's what stress and drink do to me.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

OK

Decision made, I'm going with no. 2, for a few reasons but mainly I've found out that they are only in rented until end NOV so will want to move sooner rather than later and 7 people in a chain scares me to death. Even with all that red wine inside me last night I still only slept for about 3 hours while my mind went over every scenario possible.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Lindsey

PS sorry about the emotional claptrap last night, that's what stress and drink do to me.

I think you have made a good decision, chains are a nightmare and to be avoided at all costs! I think the idea of asking no2 to go up 2500
is a good idea, then you will not end up much worse off with the sale.
You will be able to sleep a lot easier with their lack of chain and this is well worth the sligthly lower price!

Many congratulations on selling your house 3 times over - you lucky thing. I hope it all goes through smoothly.