Wikiposts

3 months on

Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:40 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future
Default 3 months on

hey all,

well i have been out here for 3 months now, came out by myself and have not regretted it yet....

i went to tokyo for a week before i landed in perth, and from then on its just been hectic. i managed to find a job straight away which was good. if your a boiler maker/welder you can pick and choose your jobs and it pays alot better than the u.k

i bought myself a 94 v6 magna, common as muck i know but there awsome to drive, and yes ive all ready been done for speeding 3 times.....pesky hidden speed cameras!!!

ive made some excellent mates just by going out to night clubs on my own (mainly geisha) only thing is that they live miles away.

ive also a beautiful brand new apartment which im renting cheap of some british expats.

so all in all things have gone very well. i miss home and my mates dearly but im living the dream. even if i went home tomorrow the experience of just living in another country is wicked.

theres a few things that annoy me about perth but there only small personal things. so you guys still waiting to come out, dont be nervous. if i can do it on my own then anyone can.

all the best
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:48 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to know it's working out for ya mate !

all the best plum
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:51 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: 3 months on

Originally posted by denhim
hey all,

well i have been out here for 3 months now, came out by myself and have not regretted it yet....

i went to tokyo for a week before i landed in perth, and from then on its just been hectic. i managed to find a job straight away which was good. if your a boiler maker/welder you can pick and choose your jobs and it pays alot better than the u.k

i bought myself a 94 v6 magna, common as muck i know but there awsome to drive, and yes ive all ready been done for speeding 3 times.....pesky hidden speed cameras!!!

ive made some excellent mates just by going out to night clubs on my own (mainly geisha) only thing is that they live miles away.

ive also a beautiful brand new apartment which im renting cheap of some british expats.

so all in all things have gone very well. i miss home and my mates dearly but im living the dream. even if i went home tomorrow the experience of just living in another country is wicked.

theres a few things that annoy me about perth but there only small personal things. so you guys still waiting to come out, dont be nervous. if i can do it on my own then anyone can.

all the best

hi there!

thanks for the reassurance. i'm about 3 months away from heading out to canberra on my tod. i've only got one mate over there no family or anything so it is a little daunting.

The main reason i'm going is for the adventure, i'm not going for a career move, to make money or for an easier lifestyle i'm just going because i can while i can. Personally i think this is the best way to be.

i'm glad you've found your footing quickly, this is one of the biggest make it or break it issues. If i can get back to a 'normal' life as soon as possible i'm sure it will make the settling in period easier.

anyway, i'm waffling! Thanks for the positive post! Good luck and i hope you have continued success.

Leigh
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi Everyone,

Well I am going on my own as well, not scared and worried at all since i have already been to OZ so many times, studied and worked there as well!

I applied 2 months ago so i guess it will be another 6 months.
WHatever you do, dont be worried, everything could take time but goes smoothly down under!

I was gonna go with my partner but he just left me, so i have to deal with this emotional side but just cant wait to get out there and get out of here!!!!

fabie xxx