Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2P What does it mean ?

2P What does it mean ?

Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:53 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2P What does it mean ?

On several road signs over here (Brisbane) I have seen the letters/number "2P" and then a time underneath, what does it mean ?.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2P What does it mean ?

Originally Posted by NeilCk
On several road signs over here (Brisbane) I have seen the letters/number "2P" and then a time underneath, what does it mean ?.
2 hours parking.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:54 am

gedge has disabled reputation

"2p or not 2p"
there must be 2 people or more in the car to travel in that lane during those times (usually peak hour)
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:56 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
"2p or not 2p"
there must be 2 people or more in the car to travel in that lane during those times (usually peak hour)
I thought that was T3, or similar...

It is a limit of 2 hour parking between the times/days mentioned on the sign...

Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by stevemich
I thought that was T3, or similar...

It is a limit of 2 hour parking between the times/days mentioned on the sign...

damn you got me there it is an all
i live out on the sticks so don't have to worry about road signs
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:01 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, I parked in one yesterday by the beach and thought thats what it was but was not sure.

Looked around for a Pay and Display and found out the parking was free Is that normal or is it just the UK you have to pay where ever you park.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:03 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

damn you got me there it is an all
i live out on the sticks so don't have to worry about road signs
Is it not terribly tricky to keep your balance?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Is it not terribly tricky to keep your balance?
damn i'm all a dither, lack of blood to the brain
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:08 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

damn i'm all a dither, lack of blood to the brain
Stand on your head. It has the added advantage of taking your weight off your feet.

Another top tip.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Originally Posted by stevemich
He could just sit on his heart for the rest of the day...
And that'd be different to every other day how?!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:13 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
And that'd be different to every other day how?!

you got me there!

damn

Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:16 am

pm'd you both
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:22 am
Full Throttle

pm'd you both
Right back atcha!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Looked around for a Pay and Display and found out the parking was free Is that normal or is it just the UK you have to pay where ever you park.
Probably depends where you are but we have mainly free car parks here (in fact in 18 months never had to pay for parking...) I am still getting over the shock of the hospital car park not only being free but having tons of spaces to choose from?!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:42 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest that you buy yourself a copy of the Queensland Road Rules before you return home.

IMHO, even though you no longer have to sit the written test it would be prudent to study the rules of the road for your own peace of mind and safety.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.