Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2nd Update - 6 Months In

2nd Update - 6 Months In

Old Jun 20th 2006, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Update - 6 Months In

Originally Posted by cinderella
Fantastic post, thanks.
Just a question, do FLYBUY points buy free flights like Airmiles?
Hi,

I think if you get thousands of points you can get flights but there is also stuff like household goods etc as well.

Julia
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Hi Julia
Well written post. The more I read about Oz the more I think WHY am I going?????. Dark nights, everything seems more expensive, no one earns as much money. Dentists expensive. Chocolate not the same and expensive, vegetables expensive, Alcopops expensive, and that old favourite insects. Ive got excess baggage quoting me in half an hour I might just say don't bother we're staying here. Other posts have said 20 days holidays what a nightmare
Hi there,

The good points definitely outweigh the bad points and you just learn to live with the bad points. Good points for us is more sunshine, more time spent outdoors, more time spent as a family, lorikeets in the garden, husband is happier at work (works outdoors now), will have a swimming pool soon, fishing, boating, barbeques outside whenever you feel like it, kids are happier, I am working less hours, weekend trips to Seaworld, cheap to eat out, .... I could go on ... but I think you get the picture. We certainly dont have any complaints.
Julia
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
Hi there,

The good points definitely outweigh the bad points and you just learn to live with the bad points. Good points for us is more sunshine, more time spent outdoors, more time spent as a family, lorikeets in the garden, husband is happier at work (works outdoors now), will have a swimming pool soon, fishing, boating, barbeques outside whenever you feel like it, kids are happier, I am working less hours, weekend trips to Seaworld, cheap to eat out, .... I could go on ... but I think you get the picture. We certainly dont have any complaints.
Julia

Thanks you have cheered me up now.