Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2nd hand furniture in Perth

2nd hand furniture in Perth

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:19 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2nd hand furniture in Perth

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Am I?

That was said very tongue in cheek Mrs D!!

Linda, with regards to your suggestion of eBay...the point I was trying to make was that I don't think there's a person on this forum that isn't aware of it! Just seemed a rather silly response to my question...you will notice that I did say, 'thanks all the same'!

So, looks like yet 'another' of the threads I have started is going to turn into a 'have a go at me' session..........all because I have the backbone to speak my mind - well pardon me!

I beg to differ that it was a silly response. Mainly because its one avenue that you can easily access from the UK to monitor the kinds of prices things go for in the coming months, which would give you a head start in not getting ripped off by second hand dealers when you get here. Whether you or anyone else is familiar with ebay is irrelevant. It was a genuine suggestion on how to get the information you asked for. You did not specify people could only answer about shops!!

And may i also suggest you get over yourself in thinking everyone is "having a go" as you put it. Most of us have better things to do than follow you around the forum to have a dig. Throwaway comments made in jest, misunderstood by yourself, is closer to the mark.
I also have the backbone to speak my mind, but i do try not to be bombastic with it.

Have a good day i'm going to bed
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

As we will most likely be ending up in an unfurnished rental on arrival in Perth, coupled with the fact we are arriving with just the shirts on our backs and not a lot of wonga........

Does anyone know what the availability and cost is like for 2nd hand furniture in Perth - just to get us started without having to fork out an arm and a leg?
Hi

I dont know if this would be of any interest to you, but there is a company here in Perth that rents out fridges, washing machines, tvs etc etc and they are not that much to rent. If you are interested this is their site www.mrrentals.com.au

HTH

Kim
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough

If youre on a real tight budget you could always try the larger salvo stores. They deliver for a few dollars and when youve bought yourself some new stuff after youre settled they will come and pick it up from you if you cant shift it yourself (if they could sell it again that is)
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Ann here,

Aren't "2nd hand" and "antique" just euphemisms for "dead peoples' stuff"?
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Try Ebay. Heaps of bargains on there.
Probably should have said ebay "AU", with the words Perth highlited in the search for furniture, Linda, so good tip

That way RobandCaz, will know whether they are getting ripped off or not for prices.

Me thinks that Rob or Caz, just bit the hand that fed them (info that is)
Old Jan 4th 2006, 3:48 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Probably should have said ebay "AU", with the words Perth highlited in the search for furniture, Linda, so good tip

That way RobandCaz, will know whether they are getting ripped off or not for prices.

Me thinks that Rob or Caz, just bit the hand that fed them (info that is)

Yes, and now i see he has bitten off his nose to spite his face too. All very immature and uneccssary. But thats his choice nothing we can do about it

I worry about someone that sensitive making such a big move!!
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Yeah.. thats what i meant. ebay does function in Perth too!!

Sorry i bothered now ... did you get out of bed the worng side this morning?

Hi Linda

Was going through the thread.
I think he did get out the wrong side of the bed.
That really annoys me when you try to help.
No need to be sarcastic and rude.

Beth
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:25 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

As we will most likely be ending up in an unfurnished rental on arrival in Perth, coupled with the fact we are arriving with just the shirts on our backs and not a lot of wonga........

Does anyone know what the availability and cost is like for 2nd hand furniture in Perth - just to get us started without having to fork out an arm and a leg?
Also, just along Selby Street in Osborne Park is a Cash Converters that does furniture. We bought a kitchen table and chairs, a nearly new washing machine and a computer desk when we first arrived for about $700 and they delivered the lot.

You could always try the Swap Meet markets for odds and ends, there is one at Karrinyup shopping mall most Sundays - you can get furniture there too plus plants etc. They are usually advertised in the West and the Sunday Times. Garage sales are also good although you have to go early to get the good stuff, I bought a hoover and an iron with ironing board at ones I visited, all in good working order. Plus you get to have a nose in other peoples houses if you are into that!

Happy hunting!

MC