British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   2nd February Melbourne Curry Night (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/2nd-february-melbourne-curry-night-503485/)

Buzzy--Bee Jan 4th 2008 8:33 am

2nd February Melbourne Curry Night

OK we have a babysitter at end Jan/start Feb so both Mr and Mrs Buzzy will be coming out to a curry night! (Vic - you will finally get to meet the Mrs Buzzy you don't believe exists!)

26th Jan / 2nd Feb - or another date? We can celebrate Mrs Buzzy's birthday which is on the 28th.

Any suggestions? Would be helpful if a location was on the CBD - Frankston line so we can both drink.

Buzzy

thribble Jan 4th 2008 9:30 am

Re: January Melbourne Curry Night

She exists?! Wow!

We can do the 2nd Feb, but not the 26th Jan (we're going to see the Police, yay!). So count us in if it's that day.

Re a location... I heartily don't recommend the south melbourne curry club!! The Tandoor is close (ish) to South Yarra Station - maybe a 15 minute walk? It's on Commercial Road, opposite the brail library. We can provide good directions (well, Pete can). Just don't mock us when we walk in the door and the waiter says "two VBs?"!

The other one I know is the Gurkha's at 190 Chapel Street - I guess that would be do-able from Hawksburn Station.

We welcome other suggestions, though!!

djfbug Jan 4th 2008 9:49 am

We would be up for this one if its on or near the Frankston Line:thumbsup:

Johnsyweb Jan 4th 2008 10:05 am

Originally Posted by thribble (Post 5737826)
We welcome other suggestions, though!!

One of 'we' went out for lunch today to Curry Vault and the food and service were excellent. There is also a proper pub across the way. This is in Bank Pl in the heart of the CBD, so people coming into Spencer St (Southern Cross) or Flinders St won't have too far to walk.

Shakmaty Jan 4th 2008 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 5737617)
OK we have a babysitter at end Jan/start Feb so both Mr and Mrs Buzzy will be coming out to a curry night! (Vic - you will finally get to meet the Mrs Buzzy you don't believe exists!)

26th Jan / 2nd Feb - or another date? We can celebrate Mrs Buzzy's birthday which is on the 28th.

Any suggestions? Would be helpful if a location was on the CBD - Frankston line so we can both drink.

Buzzy

Hi Buzzy, I'm in Sydney from next weekend until late on the 27th, so January is basically out for me unless the 28th is possible, but I can't even think what day that is?

As far as I know, the 2nd is ok, but if more takers for the 26th, then go for that and enjoy:)

Buzzy--Bee Jan 4th 2008 8:08 pm

OK nail down the 2nd February please. I have changed the title of the thread appropriately.

Venue to be decided shortly.

Buzzy

koalakim Jan 4th 2008 8:46 pm

Re: 2nd February Melbourne Curry Night

Hi Buzzy

Will be nice to meet Mrs Buzzy at last!

We wouldn't be able to do the 26th as also at The Police gig! (see you there Tribble!).

2nd Feb is okay for us, we have been invited to a wedding in NZ that day but thanks to my trip to the dentist yesterday looks like that's off now. Can probably just about russle up enough dollars to go for a curry!

Anywhere is good for us. Will see if Technofreak and OH wants to come as well.

Kim

the pursers Jan 6th 2008 8:13 am

Hi and Happy Birthday Buzzy-Bee!!!!:thumbsup:
We've just got back to Melbourne after 4 years away and would prob be able to get the Gramps to babysit for Feb 2nd. We're on Hursty line so anywhere in CBD is easy for us.
Hope to see you there!!:D

the pursers Jan 6th 2008 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Johnsyweb (Post 5737947)
One of 'we' went out for lunch today to Curry Vault and the food and service were excellent. There is also a proper pub across the way. This is in Bank Pl in the heart of the CBD, so people coming into Spencer St (Southern Cross) or Flinders St won't have too far to walk.

This looks promising!!

vgenburgos Jan 6th 2008 8:39 am

Oh no we are going to see some Rugby Union - Crusaders vs Western Force on the 2nd, so won't be able to make the curry, but will keep an eye on the thread as if is in the CBD area we might come for a drink later so you can prove Mrs Buzzy exists!

sally07 Jan 7th 2008 5:29 am

Feb 2 sounds good, so count us both in :)
Any location fine with us as we're pretty central.

Hound23 Jan 7th 2008 5:47 am

Hi,

As a committed curry fan from Manchester and Luton, I'd like to come along & meet some new faces & top up on my accent, if that's OK with yous. I'll make any decided date if I can. Also around on evenings weekdays if anyone fancies a mid-week curry grab.

Me - I'm at rtw.flyer.co.uk so you can put a face to a name to a tagline & decide if I'm sane enough to join...

Big H

Buzzy--Bee Jan 7th 2008 5:53 am

Excellent! The more the merrier.

Buzzy

Pomster Jan 8th 2008 9:49 am

we will have to see if we can arrange a babysitter....then the world may be our oyster!

robertnhelen Jan 10th 2008 7:26 pm

Can we come?, just arrived in Melbourne yesterday (10th), Langwarrin just outside of Frankston so the 2nd of Feb somewhere on the Frankston line sounds good to us, cant wait to meet with everyone.

Cheers,

Rob, Helen & Caitlain