Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

28th Feb from Manchester 2 Brisbane

28th Feb from Manchester 2 Brisbane

Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:46 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice
Smile 28th Feb from Manchester 2 Brisbane

Anyone else flying from Manchester on the 28th Feb, Singapore airlines to Brisbane. Or will we be the only muppets with 18 suitcases!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:18 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 28th Feb from Manchester 2 Brisbane

not going on the 28th but hopefully in a few months!where abouts are you heading?.we are going to caloundra as soon as house is sold!!!!
Good Luck,you and your 18 suitcases!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:46 pm

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Going posh for four weeks! Got a sneaky little rental at Raby Bay!!
After that................... a tent on Welly Point Beach
Me,hubby, Ellie Bellie (child!) n dog!!
Will be, if we don't get jobs!!!!
Dead excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rugbymad
not going on the 28th but hopefully in a few months!where abouts are you heading?.we are going to caloundra as soon as house is sold!!!!
Good Luck,you and your 18 suitcases!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:20 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

it'l be fine,just take your time and don't rush things,have a while to settle into it and take things easy.
We have 3 lots of friends where we are heading and they all give the same advise...nice and easy does it,don't rush/panic /stress out,it'll be allright.
best of luck
RM
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:25 pm

Ahhhh ta!
It's like PMT, up n down like a yoyo!!
Giddy this week.
Will take note!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Quinns
Ahhhh ta!
It's like PMT, up n down like a yoyo!!
Giddy this week.
Will take note!

18?????? suitcases???? how many of you are there?? how on earth will you manage??? we were going to take 8, but my OH's saying how will we manage with them !!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by curly
18?????? suitcases???? how many of you are there?? how on earth will you manage??? we were going to take 8, but my OH's saying how will we manage with them !!!!!!!
we have 2 young kids so I am not sure how to cope with any more than can fit on 1 airport trolley!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

good luck with all your cases - what on earth are you bringing that warrants all that lot???????
Lucky you renting on Raby Bay - it's lovely there
Still meeting at Raby Bay so you'll have to join us when you arrive!

Heather
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:32 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else flying from Manchester on the 28th Feb, Singapore airlines to Brisbane. Or will we be the only muppets with 18 suitcases!
We are going out for good on the 9th of march, just after you, but stopping at singapore on the way for a rest! Pete
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:11 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Anyone else flying from Manchester on the 28th Feb, Singapore airlines to Brisbane.
I think we'll be about 3 weeks behind you, and heading somewhere between Brisbane and Caloundra, cant decide on where yet.

Best of luck with the suitcases!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:20 am

Only a joke 18!!!
It is a very touchy subject when approached by hubby though!!
I'm the one who always gets charged at the airport for being over on the weight
Strict instructions have been given, I have my 40Kg and I can have some of my daughters, (she's only 5, so her things are little!)
How do you decide what to ship and what to take????

Really lucky getting the rental at Raby, fo that first month. And yes we will definately get in contact with one of the meets, thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Only a joke 18!!!
It is a very touchy subject when approached by hubby though!!
I'm the one who always gets charged at the airport for being over on the weight
Strict instructions have been given, I have my 40Kg and I can have some of my daughters, (she's only 5, so her things are little!)
How do you decide what to ship and what to take????

Really lucky getting the rental at Raby, fo that first month. And yes we will definately get in contact with one of the meets, thanks.
wish we were flying out that soon, we are looking at June though....can I ask, previously we have flown to sydney then paid for an internal flight up to maroochydore...does it work out as cheap to fly direct???
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:08 am
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
wish we were flying out that soon, we are looking at June though....can I ask, previously we have flown to sydney then paid for an internal flight up to maroochydore...does it work out as cheap to fly direct???
You will not be able to fly direct from the UK to Maroochydore.
A question for you.
Are you going to buy or hire a car as soon as you arrive ?
It may be worth flying direct to Brisbane, then hiring a car to drive up to Maroochydore (only a few hours at worst).
Flying direct to Brisbane is worth paying extra for over flying into Sydney then getting an internal flight.
Try here for internal fares
www.skyscanner.net
Old Feb 1st 2007, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by him
You will not be able to fly direct from the UK to Maroochydore.
A question for you.
Are you going to buy or hire a car as soon as you arrive ?
It may be worth flying direct to Brisbane, then hiring a car to drive up to Maroochydore (only a few hours at worst).
Flying direct to Brisbane is worth paying extra for over flying into Sydney then getting an internal flight.
Try here for internal fares
www.skyscanner.net
Brisbane airport may not be open at the time we fly, last time we flew thats what we wanted to do but Brisbane airport was closed for the winter, so we had to fly to maroochydore, no choice to go via sydney, i understand what you mean though...totally.

I have family picking us up from the airport and dont want them driving too far out of their way, as you can imagine. I think it will have to be when we book the tickets, we find the best route possible. x cheers for that. x

are you sure thats the right link??? it doesnt have australia on there.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:24 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=The Quinns;4333901] Only a joke 18!!!

Hi all! - not long now!

suitcases......we took 13 (i know - unlucky for some - should have known)

set off a year today (one year post to follow soon - promise)

said bye to England - boarded the plane - sat there for 2 hours - it wouldn't start - so had to get off and spend the night in the Hilton Manchester - absolutely nightmare with 13 suitcases !!!!

so from my cautionary tale - word of advice - number your suitcases - and write a list of what's in each case. Then if for some reason you are delayed - you only need to open one case - that will have a change of clothing for you all.

Good luck - and look forward to seeing you in brisbane.

Any further nuggets of info - just pm me,

L-j

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.