Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

275yrs and your still sending them here

275yrs and your still sending them here

Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:07 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default 275yrs and your still sending them here

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/w...-1225852006689
We can,t win...........mm
Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 275yrs and your still sending them here

They dont need to send home many brits, most end up going back anyway after a few years !
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:32 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
They dont need to send home many brits, most end up going back anyway after a few years !
Actually, most stay.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte View Post
Actually, most stay.
Actually I disagree
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:44 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
Actually I disagree
Good otherwise life would be dull
Old Apr 11th 2010, 2:16 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover View Post
We?
Just for the record, you were born in the U.K weren't you?
So you are a pom just the same as the rest of us migrants
Living here longer won't change your or my place of birth
Old Apr 11th 2010, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57 View Post
We?
He's obviously British, Sean. My take is that he's not trying to change his place of birth.

I just think he has seen it all. I wonder a bit about some migrants too. Seems there are no bounds to the people that arrive on these shores.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

It seems to me that Brits are far more law abiding than our Oz counterparts. Maybe the Aussies should be more prepared to comply with other countries law, then people would accept them as the larrikins they try to be.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:44 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

We?
You sound quiet offended, by my statement, it was light hearted dig.....
Yes i was a pom, 47 years ago but when you live in a country for this long i don,t tend to think like one, and never having the urge to return to the old country, even for a holiday i guess i maintain the status quo......mm
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:25 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover View Post
You sound quiet offended, by my statement, it was light hearted dig.....
Yes i was a pom, 47 years ago but when you live in a country for this long i don,t tend to think like one, and never having the urge to return to the old country, even for a holiday i guess i maintain the status quo......mm
I'm not offended in the slightest, I just find it amusing that you seek to provoke a response with the use of "your & we" when the reality is, your post should actually read:

275yrs and We're still sending them here
They can,t win...........mm

Surely your not trolling for a response? It's strange though, living out here in the bush we find that the bitterest people, the ones who are the most resentful anti British, are usually, either poms themselves [50 or over] or 1st generation "Aussies" The rest aren't bothered & are generally excepting & friendly. Maybe you've spent a lifetime trying to fit in & it makes you all bitter towards your fellow poms
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:35 am
Banned

I'm not offended in the slightest, I just find it amusing that you seek to provoke a response with the use of "your & we" when the reality is, your post should actually read:

275yrs and We're still sending them here
They can,t win...........mm

Surely your not trolling for a response? It's strange though, living out here in the bush we find that the bitterest people, the ones who are the most resentful anti British, are usually, either poms themselves [50 or over] or 1st generation "Aussies" The rest aren't bothered & are generally excepting & friendly. Maybe you've spent a lifetime trying to fit in & it makes you all bitter towards your fellow poms
My god you have got yer knickers in a twist, Is Gympie getting to you , it was not an attempt to troll any thing , just highlighting a news artical that i thought might be intresting to some people on here.
But in your eyes it was because of a miss placed word ,an attempt at forum sabotage and anarchy , about time you gave up being a mod, it is getting to you.
And as for your assement of me you are totally wrong , and offensive i was a small child when i came here and have very little recollection of life in the UK, so what makes you think i am resentful of some thing i know little about......mm