Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

24th september looming!!!!!!!!!

24th september looming!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice
Default 24th september looming!!!!!!!!!

hello all

Anyone moving to brissie anytime soon?

We are going on september 24th from manchester, only 4 ish weeks to go now, we are still waiting for the fear factor to set in, hasn't happend yet!!!

Anyone else flying on 24th??

Beth
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 24th september looming!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bethandneil
hello all

Anyone moving to brissie anytime soon?

We are going on september 24th from manchester, only 4 ish weeks to go now, we are still waiting for the fear factor to set in, hasn't happend yet!!!

Anyone else flying on 24th??

Beth
Yep i'm flying to Brisbane on the 24th Sept.

Flights are geting booked today from my work.

I'm going from Glasgow to Dubai then Dubai to Brisbane.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:45 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Yep i'm flying to Brisbane on the 24th Sept.

Flights are geting booked today from my work.

I'm going from Glasgow to Dubai then Dubai to Brisbane.
What are you all doing for jobs when you get here? Pete
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

And where are you headed to in Brisbane?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi
we are headed for carina initially, this is south side brisbane, about 7 km from city, but this is for six weeks until we find somewhere to buy, but hopefully around same area, as for jobs, my husband has a job in mechanical engineering and i am a nurse, but i am not working for a while until we get the children settled, then i am starting a business in nurse led cosmetics (anti wrinkle stuff, chemical peels, dermal filling etc),
where are you headed?

Beth

ooohhhh just noticed your in wellington point, this is one of the areas we are looking at when we arrive, whats it like to live there, how long to get into cbd?

Last edited by bethandneil; Aug 23rd 2007 at 7:16 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:21 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

hi
we are headed for carina initially, this is south side brisbane, about 7 km from city, but this is for six weeks until we find somewhere to buy, but hopefully around same area, as for jobs, my husband has a job in mechanical engineering and i am a nurse, but i am not working for a while until we get the children settled, then i am starting a business in nurse led cosmetics (anti wrinkle stuff, chemical peels, dermal filling etc),
where are you headed?

Beth

ooohhhh just noticed your in wellington point, this is one of the areas we are looking at when we arrive, whats it like to live there, how long to get into cbd?
I really like it here. The whole Bayside area is pretty nice. It is a long commute though. My husband takes the train early in the morning and it's a 45 minute ride from Wellington Station to Central Station. Then you have to add the time it takes to get to and from the stations. In total it takes him 1 hour from our door to his office.

So it's a long commute but we much prefer being out of the "city". Also, real estate is a little better here and we can get the kind of house we want. Still expensive though, just better than it is closer to the city.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

hi

my husband will be working all over the area, probably down past the gold coast on occasions and up in the sunshine coast at times but his boss has told him to try and keep close to brisbane as alot of the work will be around there, so its not too important to be near the CBD but he doesnt want a long commute if he does have to be in brissy, also he will be travelling by car early am about 6 6-30, does this make a difference?

thankyou for the info

Beth
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

hi

my husband will be working all over the area, probably down past the gold coast on occasions and up in the sunshine coast at times but his boss has told him to try and keep close to brisbane as alot of the work will be around there, so its not too important to be near the CBD but he doesnt want a long commute if he does have to be in brissy, also he will be travelling by car early am about 6 6-30, does this make a difference?

thankyou for the info

Beth
I'll be working in IT for a multi national company when i come over.

I'll initially be staying in a house in Mt Gravatt for the first few months then i'll hopefully be moving to Cleveland, Wellington Point area as the schools are supposed to be really good there.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

may well see you there then

Beth