Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

24hr news/talk radio wave lenghth for radio in QLD, Oz? What r the stations?

24hr news/talk radio wave lenghth for radio in QLD, Oz? What r the stations?

Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default 24hr news/talk radio wave lenghth for radio in QLD, Oz? What r the stations?

Hi

In the Uk we used to love the radio station 'Talk Radio' - any ideas where we can tune into one similar in Queensland, Australia?

Does anyone know a wave lenghth for a continuous news channel on radio?

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:36 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 24hr news/talk radio wave lenghth for radio in QLD, Oz? What r the stations?

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi

In the Uk we used to love the radio station 'Talk Radio' - any ideas where we can tune into one similar in Queensland, Australia?

Does anyone know a wave lenghth for a continuous news channel on radio?

Thanks
Depends where you are I guess - but there's http://www.4bc.com.au. Or alternatively, your local ABC station is more Radio 4 than Radio 5 - although they do give most of their weekends over to sporting coverage so actually I guess it's like a combination Radio 4/5.

Anyway. You can listen to any radio station on the Internet - I have a little FM transmitter designed for the car which I use to rebroadcast BBC radio around the house - my life is complete now that I can listen to Radio 5 in the shower in the morning - though I get Up All Night and not Breakfast with Nicky Campbell.

Apart from that, you can the BBC World Service rebroadcast on the AIR channel on Austar/Foxtel - which is basically Radio 4 with fewer of the dull bits.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:19 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice
Default Re: 24hr news/talk radio wave lenghth for radio in QLD, Oz? What r the stations?

Go to www.radiofeeds.co.uk and see if talk radio is on there.