24 weeks to go!!

Old May 21st 2004, 5:41 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 24 weeks to go!!

Dear all,

Just needed someone to talk to really!!

It is 24 weeks until we leave for Oz and we still have 2 houses to sell!! I am beginning to get into panick mode as on average it takes 12 weeks to sell a house and that's if everything runs smoothly.

I feel really anxious at the moment and although I am not having any second thoughts I have started to think about leaving family and friends. God what am I going to be like when we have our leaving party in October!!

My head is working overtime worrying about things like sorting the shipping out, arranging somewhere to stay on arrival , travelling via Hong Kong with 2 under 3's etc etc!!! Whilst on the subject of shipping, how long before you departed did you get shipping comapnies into quote?

Is anyone else having the same problems/feelings?

Thanks

TOB
Old May 21st 2004, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Bob Flemming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 24 weeks to go!!

Yes, we go in around 6 weeks and have just put the house on the market. Does that stack up?
Old May 21st 2004, 6:53 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always try selling them both at the same time, that'd give you a bit longer.
Old May 21st 2004, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TOB

It is 24 weeks until we leave for Oz and we still have 2 houses to sell!! I am beginning to get into panick mode as on average it takes 12 weeks to sell a house and that's if everything runs smoothly.

Hey TOB

Wait 'til you've got 6 weeks left, visas still in the pipeline, 2 kids under 5, a house sale going through,Estate Agents telling porkies, worrying about when to book flights "do we wait to get the Visas...don't we?" and a flippin' cat's shipping to organise!!
:scared:

Trust me, you are not alone in your worries......it's just the closer it all get's the less worried you become....you're too damn busy stressing out about all the arrangements to have any time to worry!!!

Good luck with ever you decide
Old May 21st 2004, 8:56 pm
ceinwen

We have 2 wks to go and yes Im getting a little (!!) stressed .
We are lucky that we havent had to sell our London house but the house is full of boxes that my hubbie still has to sort through (inherited things )and Im begining to think we may not be ready :scared:
GOOD LUCK

Old May 21st 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point

We have 10 weeks to go , surveyor came on wed , sold car today ( so need to buy a run-around for the 3 kids under 6 ) need to give notice in soon , dont have a clue who`s doing the moving and dont really give a s**t . Just get it done when i need to and get out of this rat race once and for all ............
Old May 22nd 2004, 4:59 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pagey
We have 10 weeks to go , surveyor came on wed , sold car today ( so need to buy a run-around for the 3 kids under 6 )
Aren't they a bit young to drive?
Old May 22nd 2004, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We leave in about 8 weeks. We are going without selling the house which is bloody scary!!

I handed in my notice at work yesterday and I plan to leave 25th June. It is all becoming a bit more real now and same as you, my thoughts are turning to leaving family and friends. Not looking forward to the goodbyes.

At the same time, I am getting really excited but nervous all the planning we have to do.

Australia here we come!

Mandy
Old May 22nd 2004, 7:55 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TOB
Dear all,

Just needed someone to talk to really!!

I feel really anxious at the moment and although I am not having any second thoughts I have started to think about leaving family and friends. God what am I going to be like when we have our leaving party in October!!

My head is working overtime worrying about things like sorting the shipping out, arranging somewhere to stay on arrival , travelling via Hong Kong with 2 under 3's etc etc!!! Whilst on the subject of shipping, how long before you departed did you get shipping comapnies into quote?

Is anyone else having the same problems/feelings?

Thanks

TOB

Deep breaths ... now exhale slowly ... are you feeling any calmer.

just kidding ya

Its awful and its like being on a huge rollercoaster and once you arrive at your destination it just keeps on so be prepared ... My four yr old never slept on the first leg to nz and we were feeling pretty ill and tired in los angeles but on the second leg thank the lord he did sleep ... some

I would say the sooner you have the shipping quotes the better., so get them out of the way now and you can book at your leisure

Thinking of you and what your family are going through