Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

24 hours in Brisbane

24 hours in Brisbane

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough
Default 24 hours in Brisbane

I land in BNE at lunchtime on Sat, and have a day spare before going to the Gold Coast for a conference on Sun evening.

Any tips on where to go? I have already done Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.

I would think that Gold Coast would be too busy with the Indy car rally
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 24 hours in Brisbane

hi have you tried australia zoo, thats a must. ive been 4 times and im addicted to it. Or theres lone pine in brisbane thats a nice lil zoo aswell.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary also do a day trip special with the river cruise for a reasonable price.
Go up Mt Cootha for views over Brisbane.
Have lunch at Streets Beach on South Bank and wander round the galleries and shops or go for a dip.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:50 pm
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary also do a day trip special with the river cruise for a reasonable price.
Go up Mt Cootha for views over Brisbane.
Have lunch at Streets Beach on South Bank and wander round the galleries and shops or go for a dip.
Go on a City Cat (buy the Off peak day return ticket I think they're still $3.90 and you can travel up and down the river to your hearts content) - stop off at Southbank and go on the Big Wheel (formerly from Birmingham!!) The City cat Ferries are a great way of seeing the City and surrounds.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough

I have a car so was thinking of going west, to Boonah. Is this a good plan?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

i forgot tosay about Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mt Coot-tha thats a good few hours if your into this kind of thing. But yep Mt-Coot-tha is a must to see all of brisbane, i still have pictures from when i lived there i miss it , city cats good aswell and what about the man made beach at southbank.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

ive been to boonah, i think its about a hr and 15 mins south west of brissy you take the ipswich motorway heres a link to what you will need http://www.ourbrisbane.com/see-and-d...-to-see/boonah