Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

22 year old immigrating, any advice?

22 year old immigrating, any advice?

Old May 30th 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

sean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the rough
Default 22 year old immigrating, any advice?

Hey Im 22 and just began the process of moving to oz, Ive run into a lot of problems in my life lately and have always wanted to move to oz so feel now is the time to go. I have never been australia before and seem tempted by the lifestyle in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Can anyone offer any advice on moving and places to go? Oh also im moving totally on my own and dont know anyone out there, is it easy to make friends and meet new people?
Old May 30th 2008, 7:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 22 year old immigrating, any advice?

Originally Posted by sean.eldridge
Hey Im 22 and just began the process of moving to oz, Ive run into a lot of problems in my life lately and have always wanted to move to oz so feel now is the time to go. I have never been australia before and seem tempted by the lifestyle in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Can anyone offer any advice on moving and places to go? Oh also im moving totally on my own and dont know anyone out there, is it easy to make friends and meet new people?
Basically yes mate. You'll find friends easy enough providing you put the effort in like everything in life.

Brisbane and the Gold Coast is a good area to start. Have you sorted out the small issue of the visa yet ?
Old May 30th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

sean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the rough

yea ive just done my vetasses forms so just waiting for my agency to get back with the next stage. If you dont mind me asking where abouts are you from?
Thanx for your advice cheers fella.
Old May 31st 2008, 12:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean.eldridge
yea ive just done my vetasses forms so just waiting for my agency to get back with the next stage. If you dont mind me asking where abouts are you from?
Thanx for your advice cheers fella.
Wellington Point, Bayside Brisbane.

Good luck with the vetassess. The visa application is one of the most time consuming parts of all of this and just waiting around I remember well. On the plus side of things they process visas in about half the time they used to, but thats still half of bloody ages.

Maybe consider the Gold Coast. Its a younger vibe than Brisbane and its burbs in general and heaps of development and building work.
Old May 31st 2008, 4:36 am
cer
Just Joined

cer is on a distinguished road

hi
I moved to Bisbane 9weeks ago, i am also 22 years old and moved all on my own and knew no1 when i arrived, all i had when i arrived was an address of my accommodation. Like you i fancied a changed and thought it was the right time in my life to make the move.
so far it was the best decision i have made, people are so friendly and i have made so many great friends. someone said to me the other day it is so easy to make friend when you have an accent and it is so true.
Just look at it as if you dont try it ull never know and the worst thing that can happen is you go home.

If you want any info pm me, as i went through the same situation

Best of luck