Reload this Page >

22 year old Female on WHV

22 year old Female on WHV

Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:23 am
Just Joined

nfor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 22 year old Female on WHV

Hi everyone

I would love to gain some advice from fellow poms.

I am on the Gold Coast at the moment, working on a 6 month contract at a law firm, i have a law degree. My employer wants to sponsor me but as i am only an office junior i know itd be impossible.

So i am looking at doing a similar thing 6 months elsewhere to gain some legal experience and also see more of Australia. What would be the best place to go? I am happy to go receptionist, admin jobs. I have nearly 2 years experience and a law degree plus a good reference from my current employed in Aus and two in Englad. I have heard Melbourne would be the place for me. But also Cairns.

Any thoughts?

Any help would be great.

Thank you
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 22 year old Female on WHV

Go wherever takes your fancy.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Do 3 months regional work to qualify for a second WHV and do both x
Old Jul 19th 2013, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

ozcabs is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would it be impossible?
You have a job and your employer wants to sponsor you!
Doesn't matter what position your in. Your working, employed, young and have a sponsor. All these are good.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Thank you ozcabs. Nice to hear a positive response for a change!!
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozcabs
Doesn't matter what position your in. Your working, employed, young and have a sponsor. All these are good.
No, it's not "all good". The job has to be on the occupations list in order for her to be sponsored. Yes, it does matter what position she is in. It has already been discussed in the immigration and visas section that receptionist (the job she's in now) is not on the list of eligible occupations for sponsorship, so she does not qualify.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wanting to sponsor, and being able to, are not always the same thing. The OP and the sponsor still have to meet certain requirements.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nfor
Thank you ozcabs. Nice to hear a positive response for a change!!
I am sure it is nice to hear a positive response. Is that preferable to hearing facts? If so perhaps you should specify that when you ask visa questions, just so we all know.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

ok then, Just give up.
Lets put it in the too hard pile, and just give negativity.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Wow.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

It's how it is, not giving into negativity ,but the present position doesn't allow a sponsorship.
Keep in touch with your employer return and do what is necessary and return on completion.
Your on a holiday so enjoy it and set your goals with the outlook of returning. At 22 there is still time.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ok then, Just give up.
Lets put it in the too hard pile, and just give negativity.
No-one is suggesting "Give Up", what we are doing is pointing the OP to the rules and policies so that they can work towards getting into Australia permanently at a later date.
A lot of people who have posted on BE over the years have said they came here originally on a WHV and decided they wanted to emigrate - so they've gone home and followed a career path that allows them to apply a few - or in some cases many - years later.
It appears that at present the OP isn't going to get sponsorship, however much she wants it, but she will be able to go home with useful contacts, and experience and knowledge of working here, and if she reads through the information on the DIAC site she may well be able to start working towards a return in the future.

Thats not negativity, thats reality.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:48 am
Just Joined

You have given her no reason to try, all your doing is filling her head with negative thoughts. Now the poor girl is gonna read it and think, "I won't bother"

It seems everyone here works for immigration.

@nfor, don't give up. Call immigration soon, tell them your current position and what your employer is will to do, they will give you more accurate information.

I'm currently sponsoring someone, and I know someone else where their employer has sponsored them, both are not on the Australia's wanted list, but it's all looking good for them.

Good luck chick
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You have given her no reason to try, all your doing is filling her head with negative thoughts. Now the poor girl is gonna read it and think, "I won't bother"

It seems everyone here works for immigration.

@nfor, don't give up. Call immigration soon, tell them your current position and what your employer is will to do, they will give you more accurate information.

I'm currently sponsoring someone, and I know someone else where their employer has sponsored them, both are not on the Australia's wanted list, but it's all looking good for them.

Good luck chick
Hi ozcabs,

I know you mean well, but nfor had already asked for advice regarding sponsorship in another thread in the immi forum. Calling immigration will not usually get you the best advice - for that you need a good MARA registered agent.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks ozcabs.

I think the way people phrase things is unwarrant. I'm glad another 'OP' agrees.

I called a migration agent and he says there are many ways for me to stay permanently seeing as my firm have sponsored before. Thank you for the positivity. Peace and love. Over and out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.