Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2100 acres for $3500

2100 acres for $3500

Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:31 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default 2100 acres for $3500

Just had alook on e-bay.au and looked under real estate, how can you buy loads of land that cheap? some are going for $175 for an acre and more...is this some scam? The vendor can only contact you by phone and this makes me even more wary... Can someone tell me if they know of this real estate stuff on the net and is it dodgy? For that price i would buy the bloody lot but im a bit suss about the price thingy and any tax that you would have to pay out ( 2100 acres for that price then 50,000 tax)
someone help me....website is cheapland.com.au
johanne
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:38 pm
WBB

if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I just had a very quick look. I would say that the reason the land is so cheap is because its in the middle of nowhere and no one wants to live there!!!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:46 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a very quick look. I would say that the reason the land is so cheap is because its in the middle of nowhere and no one wants to live there!!!
probably cost a couple of 100k to get water and electricity in
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:48 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

On ebay, you can buy land on the moon too. Its about $100 an acre.

Only mentioning this, as i think its a similar kind of offer
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:49 pm

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by seang
probably cost a couple of 100k to get water and electricity in
couldnt you just buy the land and sit on for awhile so to speak? would it go up in value after afew years?
Old Oct 25th 2003, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

francesduggan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheep land

If you do buy that land ,I have 2000 acres in Florida you can have for 5k,mind you its all swamp,sounds good eh?????
Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:00 pm
WBB

Originally posted by PeteY
On ebay, you can buy land on the moon too. Its about $100 an acre.

Only mentioning this, as i think its a similar kind of offer

really???

forget oz im going to the moon

Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:14 pm

Originally posted by welshboybilly
really???

you a clanger then?
:scared:
used to love that...anyway think i will give the land a miss for now wait until i get there and look for myself me thinks..
cheers
johanne
Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:18 pm
WBB

Originally posted by johanne
you a clanger then?
:scared:
used to love that...anyway think i will give the land a miss for now wait until i get there and look for myself me thinks..
cheers
johanne
a clanger???

Old Oct 25th 2003, 7:29 pm

a clanger???

You not remember the clangers? must be my age then.
its likkle creatures that live on the moon, look like pink mice.. not the sort of clangers that hang around your arse..
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:31 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

couldnt you just buy the land and sit on for awhile so to speak? would it go up in value after afew years?
depends where it is and what kind of potential the area has.If you are talking remote remote then its unlikely you will see an increase in value.When I was in Aus in '96 the big push 7 years ago(i am talking NSW here) was in the New England area.Alot of people were buying land there for their retirement-buying witha view to build in a few years time(10-12acre plots).The result was that the local councils put alot of the infrastuture in place to facilitate this i.e water ,sewerage,access roads etc.With all these in place suddenly land value increase threefold.
If you are looking at a property in the middle of no where (2100 acres type place)then you are not going to have any council put in an access road ,run water ,lay pipes etc just for one person.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:37 pm

Originally posted by seang
depends where it is and what kind of potential the area has.If you are talking remote remote then its unlikely you will see an increase in value.When I was in Aus in '96 the big push 7 years ago(i am talking NSW here) was in the New England area.Alot of people were buying land there for their retirement-buying witha view to build in a few years time(10-12acre plots).The result was that the local councils put alot of the infrastuture in place to facilitate this i.e water ,sewerage,access roads etc.With all these in place suddenly land value increase threefold.
If you are looking at a property in the middle of no where (2100 acres type place)then you are not going to have any council put in an access road ,run water ,lay pipes etc just for one person.
Hi seang
the land is in Queensland but hey its a big place....so who knows wereabouts
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

really???

Billy get a grip man where are "EWE" going to graze the sheep?
Also you can't take a dip in the sea of tranquility although you could put your deck chair anywhere you like

Johanne I remember the clangers (just)

Last edited by chris hogan; Oct 25th 2003 at 8:50 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 9:01 pm
WBB

Originally posted by johanne
You not remember the clangers? must be my age then.
its likkle creatures that live on the moon, look like pink mice.. not the sort of clangers that hang around your arse..

are we talking about button moon here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.