British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   20f FCL clearing cost in Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/20f-fcl-clearing-cost-perth-405989/)

bru Nov 3rd 2006 11:27 pm

20f FCL clearing cost in Perth

I know many previous posts are here related to this subject, but could not find the details that I am looking for.

We are going to ship a 20f FCL from Bangkok to Fremantle port. I tried to find a door to door service but so far shipping companies here reluctant to provide this service. They say it is due to strict regulations in Australia.

Anyway, we got a quote from Bangkok to Fremantle port. Now I would like to know an approximate cost to clear a 20f FCL and other cost associated with it.

Another question I have is; will they check the items to verify whether they are really 12 months or more used. Our items includes Furniture, electrical items etc and I do not see any of our items will look 12 or more months used if anyone look at it. Will they ask us to pay tax+duty?

Thanks
bru

task Nov 4th 2006 1:34 am

Re: 20f FCL clearing cost in Perth

Originally Posted by bru
I know many previous posts are here related to this subject, but could not find the details that I am looking for.

We are going to ship a 20f FCL from Bangkok to Fremantle port. I tried to find a door to door service but so far shipping companies here reluctant to provide this service. They say it is due to strict regulations in Australia.

Anyway, we got a quote from Bangkok to Fremantle port. Now I would like to know an approximate cost to clear a 20f FCL and other cost associated with it.

Another question I have is; will they check the items to verify whether they are really 12 months or more used. Our items includes Furniture, electrical items etc and I do not see any of our items will look 12 or more months used if anyone look at it. Will they ask us to pay tax+duty?

Thanks
bru

Hi Bru tri this
terminal handling charge $373.84
Quarintine inspect $105
Quarintine declaration $60.50
Professional charges(agent) $250
Cartage $605

Total $1299.85
gst$119.49
total $1419.34

hope this helps we also paid $550 to get all our stuff delivered not cheap that is fo a 20ft ok
task

Nikki.P Nov 4th 2006 7:19 am

Originally Posted by bru

Thanks
bru

Hi Bru

Interested in the bit about goods being 12 months old as we've received a couple of presents recently and was wondering the same thing myself!!

Hopefully someone will be able to give some advice on that one.

Nikki

bru Nov 5th 2006 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
Hi Bru

Interested in the bit about goods being 12 months old as we've received a couple of presents recently and was wondering the same thing myself!!

Hopefully someone will be able to give some advice on that one.

Nikki

Hi,

I wrote the customs and they said that I do not have to submit any invoices etc to prove the date of purchase. They also said, in case the officer wants more documents to prove, then to submit a 'statutory declaration'.

But I am concerned about this and would like to know the feedback from anyone who faced with this situation.

Thanks

bru Nov 5th 2006 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by task
Hi Bru tri this
terminal handling charge $373.84
Quarintine inspect $105
Quarintine declaration $60.50
Professional charges(agent) $250
Cartage $605

Total $1299.85
gst$119.49
total $1419.34

hope this helps we also paid $550 to get all our stuff delivered not cheap that is fo a 20ft ok
task

Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to know.