Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2005/2006 ISA Deadline today !

2005/2006 ISA Deadline today !

Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2005/2006 ISA Deadline today !

The 2005/2006 ISA deadline is today !

So many questions...

Is anyone planning on opening one before moving to Oz?

DAK if the ATO can come back and claim a cut when you decide to cash in on it?

Would you declare the holding on your Oz tax return?

Thanks
TC
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2005/2006 ISA Deadline today !

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
The 2005/2006 ISA deadline is today !

So many questions...

Is anyone planning on opening one before moving to Oz?

DAK if the ATO can come back and claim a cut when you decide to cash in on it?

Would you declare the holding on your Oz tax return?

Thanks
TC

I've been looking into this and it seems you will lose the 'ISA Wrapper' once you move to OZ and you will pay capital gains on it as well as income tax.

This is a bit of a nightmare for me especially the income tax as I just wanted to leave mine accumulating but woul have to pay tax on money I wont see in my bank account effectively.

in
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2005/2006 ISA Deadline today !

Originally Posted by caleb2003
I've been looking into this and it seems you will lose the 'ISA Wrapper' once you move to OZ and you will pay capital gains on it as well as income tax.

This is a bit of a nightmare for me especially the income tax as I just wanted to leave mine accumulating but woul have to pay tax on money I wont see in my bank account effectively.

in
Whats if you just keep it quiet ...and bring it over when by spending on a UK credit card which you take pay off from your cashed in ISA which is sitting in a UK bank account.