Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

20 viewings and not one offer!!!

20 viewings and not one offer!!!

Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:05 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default 20 viewings and not one offer!!!

we've had 20 viewings so far and still not one piddling offer... the house isn't overpriced, in fact it's a good price for the area... the people that the agent is bringing to view are suitable candiates for a possible purchase (just had a few time wasters).. but still not one offer!!

our house is lovely.. only bit we haven't renovated is our bathroom.. but it's not a bad bathroom.. it doesn't have a mushroom or green bathroom suite!!

just wanted to whinge.. sorry people.. we so desperatley want to get the house at least under offfer/sold subject to contract before we fly out in 4 weeks time..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 viewings and not one offer!!!

Sorry to hear that you haven't sold.

Facts are: You have either ( unluckily ) not got the 'right' viewer yet or your house is not as 'good' as you think. ( Harsh, i know and i'm not trying to be rude, honest. ).

Get a friend to go around your house and HONESTLY tell you what they think could do with improving / changing, before you go.

Sometimes, what we think is a decent house ( afterall, it IS our home ) isn't so decent to others expectations.

Good luck and I'm really not trying to upset you or be offensive.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

It could be the case that they love your house but still haven't sold theirs yet. In which case they cannot offer. We had a viewer in November for ours who loved it although we had no idea agent never told us. Didn't put an offer in until end January (completely out of the blue) when they sold. It all fell through though as the bottom fell out. We are now buying theirs and they are buying ours. It releases 50k for us to move and still leaves a property if all goes wrong. This is going through at the moment and we hope to be out on 15th April. Letting agent says they have someone very interested already, I think it must have been fate.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:29 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Brissie,
Sorry to hear that you haven't sold yet. Chin up chick at least they are getting through the door, someone probably loves it but are just waiting to sell theirs. We have been on since June and have had about 7 viewings, 3 of which have been since Feb.
I agree with what steandleigh says, get a friend round to give you their honest opinion. Shecha came around to have a look at mine, she says nothing wrong with it at all and can't believe that it hasn't sold.
I know you only have a few weeks left until you fly, someone will put that all important offer in. Keep smiling.
Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
We are now buying theirs and they are buying ours. It releases 50k for us to move and still leaves a property if all goes wrong.
Now that's a neat idea
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Brissie

It will happen...honest we`ve had the same thing, we`ve lived here for 3years and have gutted our house there is nothing to do...we had people walk around the house and not even go out into the garden and others that loved it from the moment they walked and still no offers then when you least expect it... it happens.

Finger crossed & keep your chin up...I know how it can get you down.

Sue x
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:44 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

we did do the right thing and had lots of our friends around and asked quite agents for their honest opinon.. and also the feedback from viewers is they really really like our house.. we didn't go for blood-red walls/ceilings etc or lovely 60's brick fireplaces and flock wallpaper!! would love to post the link to our agent.. but don't want to get to quite that personal level on the forum

.. I also had a work colleague visit last night to buy our car (all sold now) and she kept saying how lovely it is.. so we're pretty sure it's not hideous!

we're hoping that we've just not had the buyer yet who can jump in and make an offer..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:59 am
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
we've had 20 viewings so far and still not one piddling offer... the house isn't overpriced, in fact it's a good price for the area... the people that the agent is bringing to view are suitable candiates for a possible purchase (just had a few time wasters).. but still not one offer!!

our house is lovely.. only bit we haven't renovated is our bathroom.. but it's not a bad bathroom.. it doesn't have a mushroom or green bathroom suite!!

just wanted to whinge.. sorry people.. we so desperatley want to get the house at least under offfer/sold subject to contract before we fly out in 4 weeks time..
If by not overpriced you mean that it is about 5-10% less than the asking prices in Estate Agents windows, I suggest to you that it is still overpriced.

Buyers realise that prices are going to fall soon and that interest rates are likely to rise after the May election. Canny buyers are now holding off until later in the year. I honestly believe that the only way houses are likely to shift in the present climate is if you knock about 20% off the local rivals asking prices. Especially if you bought when prices were still cheap, as you have not "lost" on anything , you have still made money, just not the unrealistic margin that the Estate Agents would have you believe you can acheive.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:02 am
frozen to the keyboard

Originally Posted by eatstatic
If by not overpriced you mean that it is about 5-10% less than the asking prices in Estate Agents windows, I suggest to you that it is still overpriced.

Buyers realise that prices are going to fall soon and that interest rates are likely to rise after the May election. Canny buyers are now holding off until later in the year. I honestly believe that the only way houses are likely to shift in the present climate is if you knock about 20% off the local rivals asking prices. Especially if you bought when prices were still cheap, as you have not "lost" on anything except, you have still made money, just not the unrealistic margin that the Estate Agents would have you believe you can acheive.
we are already at a reasonable price for our area - we are on at a cheaper price than other houses available in our street. houses in our area are still selling within 2 months.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

I did a post a while back and people posted on there that our house was probably over priced ...lucky we did`nt take any notice as we sold our house just under the price we had it up for. Hang in there...the market IS moving. As long as you`ve done your re search (like we did) on your area + houses that are similar to yours and you and your agent are happy with the price... it will sell.

Sue
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:27 am
frozen to the keyboard

Originally Posted by Sue2
I did a post a while back and people posted on there that our house was probably over priced ...lucky we did`nt take any notice as we sold our house just under the price we had it up for. Hang in there...the market IS moving. As long as you`ve done your re search (like we did) on your area + houses that are similar to yours and you and your agent are happy with the price... it will sell.

Sue
thanks... we know we're not being greedy with the price.. it's a reasonable price, especially for the area we live in.. here's hoping!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:47 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
thanks... we know we're not being greedy with the price.. it's a reasonable price, especially for the area we live in.. here's hoping!
I think we are in exactly the same position as you. House went on the market end of October and we have had between 20-30 viewings.

We don't have any issues with our agent at all. They phone every week whether there is anything to report or not. My husband has just phoned me as he just popped in to see the agents in his lunch hour - they don't feel that it is necessary to drop the price but that we should just sit tight and wait for the next surge of buyers to come through over the easter period and following weeks when things do generally seem to pick up.

We did have a buyer but it fell through as they just decided to stay put (nerves must have got the better of them) so I am confident that somebody else will come up with another offer soon.

Hope the one right person comes through your door very soon! (And that it starts a major house-buying trend!)

Good luck

Binbird
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:48 am
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joho
We are now buying theirs and they are buying ours. It releases 50k for us to move and still leaves a property if all goes wrong.
Quoted again for truth, what a brilliant idea.. (assuming their house is worth less than your own!)
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:49 am
frozen to the keyboard

Originally Posted by binbird
I think we are in exactly the same position as you. House went on the market end of October and we have had between 20-30 viewings.

We don't have any issues with our agent at all. They phone every week whether there is anything to report or not. My husband has just phoned me as he just popped in to see the agents in his lunch hour - they don't feel that it is necessary to drop the price but that we should just sit tight and wait for the next surge of buyers to come through over the easter period and following weeks when things do generally seem to pick up.

We did have a buyer but it fell through as they just decided to stay put (nerves must have got the better of them) so I am confident that somebody else will come up with another offer soon.

Hope the one right person comes through your door very soon! (And that it starts a major house-buying trend!)

Good luck

Binbird

thanks.. good luck in finding your buyer too!!!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brissiegirl,
sounds like you have a nice home so it must be sheer bad luck that you haven't had 'That Offer' yet. This time of year, I think, is notoriously slow in the UK but picks up from easter onwards. We put ours on the market in early May and had an offer in 4 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.