Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

20 millionth Aussie?

20 millionth Aussie?

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default 20 millionth Aussie?

On Aussie Sky News just now - the Bureau of Stats here reckons that on the 4th December this year the population of Australia will hit 20 million.
They can't say whether the 20 millionth Aussie will be born here or "arrive from overseas as a migrant" !

Anyone out there flying in that day?????
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:01 pm
WBB

Default Re: 20 millionth Aussie?

Originally posted by Pollyana
On Aussie Sky News just now - the Bureau of Stats here reckons that on the 4th December this year the population of Australia will hit 20 million.
They can't say whether the 20 millionth Aussie will be born here or "arrive from overseas as a migrant" !

it is crazy though that a country that size has "only" 20 million people, and most of them are crammed up the east coast.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyanna

I just watched the same news prog!

We are flying out of Oz on 4th Dec....moving back to UK.

HP
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi HP,
Thats surreal!
So it'll drop below 20 million again then!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:03 pm
WBB

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Hi Pollyanna

HP

i wonder if they have taken that into account, could be 19,999,999 lol

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:05 pm
WBB

damn, beat me to it.

and you said you had a slow dial up jobby now

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

19,999,998 - there's 2 of us
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:34 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Hi Pollyanna

HP
Good luck, I did'nt realise you were going so soon. You'll be back for Christmas then, you lucky things!!!! Keep writing on here though !!!!??
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by janeyray
Good luck, I did'nt realise you were going so soon. You'll be back for Christmas then, you lucky things!!!! Keep writing on here though !!!!??
originally we were only going for a month's holiday. Return flight has become a single (due to restrictions on flying after so many weeks pregnant), time is moving on too quickly now, the sun is shining in Melbourne and things are going well here. Good job the visas are till 2007!!

Thanks for your best wishes
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:20 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

If they went around the fruit growing ,areas of OZ , they would pick up at least 500,000 ilegal immigrants ........... MM
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:25 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by welshboybilly
it is crazy though that a country that size has "only" 20 million people, and most of them are crammed up the east coast.
So you recommend compulsory repatriation to the desert WBB?

TennisOz

P.S. UK Census result 2001 was 58,789,194 - probably over 60 million with the illegal immigrants, asylum seekers etc.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:31 am
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone out there flying in that day????? [/QUOTE]

yep, leaving on the 2nd and arriving on the 4th of december, early, very early morning.

quite funny!

barbara
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:33 am
tennisoz

Hi Pollyanna

HP
Good luck with your move HP

TennisOz

Old Nov 4th 2003, 11:12 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I land on the 2nd December.....that count??
Old Nov 4th 2003, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Me............

Me and Mr HB are off on the 4th.....

so we cant be far off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.