Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2-year waiting period for some benefits

2-year waiting period for some benefits

Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:43 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2-year waiting period for some benefits

Can anyone explain this to me? I am not expecting to in any way, but would like to get a clear understanding, with regards to circumstances change....

Me.........

Visa granted 09/07

Visa expires 09/12

Spent 29 weeks in Australia since visa grant

Currently in Australia, a week and counting

Where do i stand if i lose a limb, or become unemployed or are looking for trainingfor a new role?

The right to access medical and social security benefits, though there is a 2-year waiting period for some benefits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral...ident#Benefits

Cheersssss.........
Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2-year waiting period for some benefits

Originally Posted by carling black label
Can anyone explain this to me? I am not expecting to in any way, but would like to get a clear understanding, with regards to circumstances change....

Me.........

Visa granted 09/07

Visa expires 09/12

Spent 29 weeks in Australia since visa grant

Currently in Australia, a week and counting

Where do i stand if i lose a limb, or become unemployed or are looking for trainingfor a new role?

The right to access medical and social security benefits, though there is a 2-year waiting period for some benefits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral...ident#Benefits

Cheersssss.........
Is it a PR visa? Then you are entitled to medicare as soon as you arrive.
For the rest, check out Centrelink
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Doesn't the PR need to have had 2 years out of 5 spent in the country to keep it?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Doesn't the PR need to have had 2 years out of 5 spent in the country to keep it?
No. As long as you are in the country before the "Must not enter after....." date on the visa thats fine.
Beyond that you get into the different RRVs. Have a read of http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Reside...Visa-Australia
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:01 am
journey from here to here

puna will become famous soon enough

you need to have lived in Oz for 104 weeks( combined is fine) before you can get newstart (unemployment) ,austady ,rent assistance ...
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by puna
you need to have lived in Oz for 104 weeks( combined is fine) before you can get newstart (unemployment) ,austady ,rent assistance ...
there is no waiting period for rent assistance.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
there is no waiting period for rent assistance.
only if you have children not for single
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:25 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

Done 26 weeks............. 2 and a bit years ago, will this count towards my 104 weeks?

So in essence, done 26 weeks, from last week do another 78 weeks, my 104 weeks waiting period would be fullfilled...........Just peace of mind, thats all....
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:28 am

do the next 78 weeksand go and claim
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:31 am
Banned

do the next 78 weeksand go and claim
Cheers, never claimed a penny dole in my life, 44 now, but you never no as you get older....

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/vLanguageFilestoreByCodes/int035_0911_en/$File/int035_0911en_a.pdf
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:53 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 2-year waiting period for some benefits

Originally Posted by carling black label
Cheers, never claimed a penny dole in my life, 44 now, but you never no as you get older....

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/vLanguageFilestoreByCodes/int035_0911_en/$File/int035_0911en_a.pdf
Hi, please don't feel the need to justify yourself, I had a similar query, perfectly acceptable what if scenario. You are bound to get some moron shouting about how you shouldn't be thinking of what you can claim. Just ignore them. I am the same as you, never claimed a bean but as you say you never know what might happen around the corner.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

In my line of work we deal with people with disability, acquired brain injury etc. Honestly, you never know what is around the corner. Nobody thinks this will happen to them.

There is no harm whatsoever in researching things like this.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:34 am
Banned

mike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nicemike_fornz is just really nice

One of the reasons why I am looking at getting out the UK is people's sense of entitlement here.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mike_fornz
One of the reasons why I am looking at getting out the UK is people's sense of entitlement here.
.......which of course doesn't exist in Australia.....
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
.......which of course doesn't exist in Australia.....
only amongst the immigrants...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.