Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 weeks left in the UK.

2 weeks left in the UK.

Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default 2 weeks left in the UK.

2 wks to go before we fly to Brisbane, omg John Mason will be hear this time next wk packing all our stuff.

We had our leaving party on Friday and had a really fantastic night, no tears just lots of fun.

Really like the look of Buderim so if anyone's got any information about the area, schools, etc, that would be great.

Paula.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:11 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: 2 weeks left in the UK.

Originally Posted by cantwait
2 wks to go before we fly to Brisbane, omg John Mason will be hear this time next wk packing all our stuff.

We had our leaving party on Friday and had a really fantastic night, no tears just lots of fun.

Really like the look of Buderim so if anyone's got any information about the area, schools, etc, that would be great.

Paula.

I don't have details on Buderim, but best of luck with the move. I'm dreading our leaving party.

All the best.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by claire edwards
I don't have details on Buderim, but best of luck with the move. I'm dreading our leaving party.

All the best.
When's your leaving party? i thought i'd get upset but i didn't we just had a really happy night, think i've done all my crying now, just can't wait to get there.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula.
Hi Paula

we arrived out here 3 weeks ago and we are living in Minyama which is next to Mountain Creek/ Buderim.

My children have started at the Mountain Creek Primary and High Schools and have settled in really quickly. They have been really friendly and I have been really impressed with them.Most of the children in the area go to these schools.

It is a fantastic area, everything you need is on your doorstep.

Let me know if you have any specific queries and i will try and help you. Buderim is pretty big, do you know what part you are going to?

Good luck, the last 2 weeks are the worst. Have lots of kleenex at the ready...
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:48 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

When's your leaving party? i thought i'd get upset but i didn't we just had a really happy night, think i've done all my crying now, just can't wait to get there.
Mid Jan, a little while off yet I know, but friends keep saying 'don't leave us'... so I know it's going to be awful.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Paula.
Wicked news. God I bet your so excited. Best of luck to you all.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula.
Lucky sod!! best of luck though
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Good luck Paula, you're nearly there. Ooh I wish it was me Let us know how you get on when you arrive.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:50 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Paula.
Hi Paula

We've been here in Buderim since April. Our kids(15), (12) & (9) have all settled really well so far. Eldest is at Mountain Creek High, it took him a good month to settle there purely because the school is so damn big. But now he's doing great & has made some friends. The other 2 go to Buderim Mountain Primary & settled fine almost immediately. Bear in mind to get into the schools here, like in the uk you have to be within the catchment zone. Don't listen to the real estate agents when they tell you they have nothing to rent within the zone because most of them don't know their ar*e from their elbow (just like in the uk ) Get the list of available propeties, get a map of the zone from the school & check for yourself.

Fire away if you want any more info
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by artep
Hi Paula

We've been here in Buderim since April. Our kids(15), (12) & (9) have all settled really well so far. Eldest is at Mountain Creek High, it took him a good month to settle there purely because the school is so damn big. But now he's doing great & has made some friends. The other 2 go to Buderim Mountain Primary & settled fine almost immediately. Bear in mind to get into the schools here, like in the uk you have to be within the catchment zone. Don't listen to the real estate agents when they tell you they have nothing to rent within the zone because most of them don't know their ar*e from their elbow (just like in the uk ) Get the list of available propeties, get a map of the zone from the school & check for yourself.

Fire away if you want any more info
Cheers, how long into Brisbane from Buderim area? thanks for the info i'll get a map from the school when we get there, heard nothing but good reports about mountain creek high school so far.

Thanks for all the advice guy's, hopefully we can meet up for a coffee when we get there eh?

paula, oohhh i can't wait......
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:26 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, how long into Brisbane from Buderim area? thanks for the info i'll get a map from the school when we get there, heard nothing but good reports about mountain creek high school so far.

Thanks for all the advice guy's, hopefully we can meet up for a coffee when we get there eh?

yea that'd be great. Brisbane is about 1.5 hours from here...I think! I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't been down to Brisbane since we got here....

I've been impressed so far with the school... my son reckons the kids are well behaved & friendly. I must admit it was hard for him to make friends tho as he changed classrooms all the time (like they do in secondary) and never saw the same kid twice! But now he seems to have his fair share!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula

I'm still a new girl myself so it will be great to meet up for coffee when you get out here.

Pity your not here this weekend as there is an expats meeting on Saturday.Nevermind, I'm sure there will be others.

Good luck and enjoy you last couple of weeks. You'll soon be here enjoying the sun...

Love

Sheila
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

WOW thats come round quick mate good luck,the next couple of weeks will fly by

tracey
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scissors
WOW thats come round quick mate good luck,the next couple of weeks will fly by

tracey
Thanks everyone, we land on the 7th Dec so let us know when the next BE meet is, look forward to meeting you all.

Paula & peter, simon 14 yrs & Emily-Rose 6 yrs.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

i ll pm you
Thanks everyone, we land on the 7th Dec so let us know when the next BE meet is, look forward to meeting you all.

Paula & peter, simon 14 yrs & Emily-Rose 6 yrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.