Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ???????

2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ???????

Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:57 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ???????

Having been glued to the forum this morning reading threads concerning property..............

At present we are 5 months into hibernation (Skilled Ind. 136)
Our agent thinks we will hear re meds around January time........ andy rung Adelaide who say march/April

The question...................

Having read all the threads with interest re selling the family home........... telling all the stories about either lack of interest or problems with the prospective buyers............ Andy wants to put the house on the market at the end of January........whether we have heard re the meds or not!!!!!!!!

Has anyone done this or have any views............

Also......... any comments on ...............

At the same time as putting the house on the market......... would you consider getting ure meds done (unrequested)....... even tho we are in no rush as we want to wait untill the GCSE results are out before emigrating to OZ........ possibly around Aug/Sept time... fingers crossed?

love lisa
xxxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Tough one!! If you put the house up in Jan will the possible move to rental/ or Oz cause disruption to your eldest?

This living in limbo is a nightmare!! So good luck on whatever you decide.

footie chick
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa

I'd stick it on, we put our's on the market in July, to date have had 4 viewings, no sniff of an offer. You can always take it off, if it does move quicker than you want.

Jo
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:14 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hiya Trace....... thanx for replyin

Renting wont be a problem as we are moving in with my mum.......

And Lauren............ we wouldn't move to Oz until she has sat her exams....... she has worked so hard up to now........ it would be a shame............ she is used to working with the noise of 4 other kids around her.......... so i don't think moving to my mum's will prove a problem to her............ She would be more concerned that her whole fashion wardrobe will not be easily accessable 24/7.......

love lisa
xxxx

Last edited by Boomie; Oct 27th 2003 at 9:20 am.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:17 am

Default Thanx Josiejo........

Originally posted by josiejo1974
Hi Lisa

I'd stick it on, we put our's on the market in July, to date have had 4 viewings, no sniff of an offer. You can always take it off, if it does move quicker than you want.

Jo

Good point Jo............ funny you should reply........ only looking at ure austimeline this morning.......

love lisa
xxxxxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah at least you will be moving somewhere familiar.

Doesn`t look like there is much stopping you then!! Get the house on the market, get the meds and get the seats booked to wherever you are going.

footie chick
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:24 am

Default lol

If only it were that simple..........

How are you guys coping with the wait at the mo.......... any news at all........ any thoughts running through ure head how you would like it all to pan out?

love lisa
xxxxxxx

Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Honestly, the last few months have been bad, but we are resigned to the waiting game now. You can only wait so many mornings for the postman !! I say morning he doesn`t come till the afternoon now.

Whenever it happens now we are happy to wait. We are not sure yet as to where we are heading, we are researching jobs,schools etc at the moment. And a visit is in the pipeline for next year.

Are you still heading Melbourne way? Or have you changed your minds?

footie chick
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:39 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Difficult one. We put ours up for sale in April got visa grant letter on the 23rd June accepted offer on house 27th June. We moved out on the 12th Sept and have been living with Dad. Not ideal but its only short term and so far its not been too bad.

So if you have somewhere to live go for it even get it on the market now remember there is a major slow down over winter. My husbands house went on in August 2002 and sold in March completed in July 2003.

Wishing you luck whichever way you go and hope the yellow envelope arrives soon

Jo
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:56 am

Default .

Originally posted by footie chick
Honestly, the last few months have been bad, but we are resigned to the waiting game now. You can only wait so many mornings for the postman !! I say morning he doesn`t come till the afternoon now.

Whenever it happens now we are happy to wait. We are not sure yet as to where we are heading, we are researching jobs,schools etc at the moment. And a visit is in the pipeline for next year.

Are you still heading Melbourne way? Or have you changed your minds?

footie chick

As you know......... i would love to go to brissie........... but we keep looking on job search and there are definately more jobs in andy's field in Melbourne....... so up to know I think thats where we will be heading........ Like you we have been sufing trying to found out info.......... Where abouts that is a difficult one....having never been....... we have been looking a Berwick and its surrounding areas... as that is where one of my old friends moved to 4 years ago..... Are you going to Brissie?

love lisa
xxxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:00 am

Default .

Originally posted by joh117
Difficult one. We put ours up for sale in April got visa grant letter on the 23rd June accepted offer on house 27th June. We moved out on the 12th Sept and have been living with Dad. Not ideal but its only short term and so far its not been too bad.

So if you have somewhere to live go for it even get it on the market now remember there is a major slow down over winter. My husbands house went on in August 2002 and sold in March completed in July 2003.

Wishing you luck whichever way you go and hope the yellow envelope arrives soon

Jo
Thanx for ure reply Jo........... I understand what ure sayin re your dad......... in many ways I'm not looking forward to moving in with my mum....... it is hard moving back home...... not to mention the strain towards the end when the move is in touchin distance.

All the best......

love lisa
xxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:37 am
plumber39

Hi there Boomerang,

As you know (I think i told you at b'ham meet!) we put in for our visa about the same time as you, and were copeing not too bad until your recent post, but never mind we must refocus and try and forget about visa's until they turn up. As you also probably know reading through my last few post's we've been through hell trying to sell the house and i would,nt wish the same on anyone else. My question would be not, 2 sell or not 2 sell, but if you sell -can you sell?.My advice would be unless you live right up north where houses seem to be still selling, then sell as soon as poss,no hesitation!.
We are also sending off for med's in jan!

all the best plum!

Last edited by plumber39; Oct 27th 2003 at 11:39 am.

Old Oct 27th 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

As it takes months to sell at the moment,it would be easier for you if you put your house on the market soon.
We put ours on in July and sold it after about 6 weeks 2 months later we are still waiting for the exchange!! We also wont be moving out until mid Decemeber ( buyers don't mind waiting) So all in all it will be 6 months from putting it on to moving out. If you are in a rush to go - GET IT ON NOW!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Sell

Get that house sold before they start putting interest rates up and all the other taxes that come with buying.

I know you won't be paying the tax because you won't be buying here again, but it might slow the market down even further and that you don't need.

Your daughter will be fine with her G.C.S.Es, we told ours of our plans just before the exams, andd went for a trip to Brissie, came back a week before the first exam, she sailed through.

I put my house on the market straight after Christmas.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Lisa

I know what it feels like waiting for the visa we started in Sept 2001, submitted the papers to ASPC on 20 May. We got news on 25 August that our visa had been granted. I think the time after the meds just waiting for the visa was the most stressful though. I have tried to avoid buying lots of things (except clothes) as we don't want to collect even more stuff to take with us. I feel sorry for the kids as for Christmas and their birthdays (both near Christmas) I am always trying to think of small thºngs that I can get them so that they can take it with them.

We are validating in January and hoping to go to the Gold or Sunshine Coast. We put our house in the UK up for sale at the end of June and have only had a couple of viewers. Just contacted a new agent today.

If I was you I would put your house on the market now as these things seem to be taking ages.

Good luck.
Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.