Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 people depart same flight, but don't fly back together

2 people depart same flight, but don't fly back together

Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2 people depart same flight, but don't fly back together

can I book in one go via internet for 2 persons, leaving at the same date but returning at different dates with SIA ? Issue, we want to sit together on the way out of OZ.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:40 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: 2 people depart same flight, but don't fly back together

Book the flights seperately on the Singapore Airlines website (not a 3rd party eg. Expedia, Travelocity etc.)

Then phone SIA and ask them either to link your booking on the same flight or for a seat request for your chosen flight. You will need your PNR booking reference codes. Easy Peasy!

Sometimes this can even be done at the gate after checking in as there are often 'no-shows' due to missed connections.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Walkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2 people depart same flight, but don't fly back together

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Book the flights seperately on the Singapore Airlines website (not a 3rd party eg. Expedia, Travelocity etc.)

Then phone SIA and ask them either to link your booking on the same flight or for a seat request for your chosen flight. You will need your PNR booking reference codes. Easy Peasy!

Sometimes this can even be done at the gate after checking in as there are often 'no-shows' due to missed connections.
If you book online with Singapore you can choose your seats online straight away.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Englishmum

thanks for that.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Walkabout
If you book online with Singapore you can choose your seats online straight away.
I know that, but if I book one flight, then the next flight and seats for each one, somebody different might be sitting next to me. It's not a joy/holiday flight home neither a business trip.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
I know that, but if I book one flight, then the next flight and seats for each one, somebody different might be sitting next to me. It's not a joy/holiday flight home neither a business trip.
If (guessing a bit here) its a flight for compassionate reasons, ring the airline and tell them exactly that. You'll find airlines are generally sympathetic to requests in those circumstances.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
If you mean someone else could be booked and sitting next to you by the time you book the second flight ? With SQ you can go in and amend your seat again if you needed to.

Once your happy with the seat allocation then call SQ and ask them to link the PNRs on the outbound leg to show travelling together. I would strongly suggest with Singapore Airlines only booking through them directly. If you use a third party (as suggested above) you will have to wait until online check in to allocate seats which will be a very limited choice and SQ will not assist before then.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I would get the best flight price and then go to Flight Centre to let them arrange everything.

I know internet savvy people don't like travel agents but Flight Centre have beaten the internet price each time I used them. They're also good for me as I tend to book open jaw returns.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I would get the best flight price and then go to Flight Centre to let them arrange everything.

I know internet savvy people don't like travel agents but Flight Centre have beaten the internet price each time I used them. They're also good for me as I tend to book open jaw returns.
that's what I do. If it's booked through a travel agent and there's a problem they are the ones that take care of it. The guy I used at Flight Centre at Ocean Keys was excellent.

Bear in mind also that you are not guarenteed seats even if you book them. You can ask all you want to be sitting with someone but it's only when you get your final boarding pass that your seating is confirmed.

Last edited by Dorothy; Nov 6th 2010 at 12:33 am.