Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 months to go and redundancy!!

2 months to go and redundancy!!

Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:16 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 2 months to go and redundancy!!

How's about this for irony. Went for medicals 3 weeks ago. Hopefully they've been in Adelaide at least 2 weeks. Going by everyone else( timeline etc) should get pre grant etc next couple of weeks(skilled designated area sponsored 139). House all but sold, contract's to be signed etc. If all goes to plan fly out to WA beginning May. Tonite my current boss tells me he might have to make me redundant next week!!! This is the bloody 3rd time this has happened to me!! So if anyone has any doubts that they are doing the wrong thing beleive me at this moment in time this country can kiss my rear end. All I wanted was at least another month of work. All my wife and I can do is laugh! It's just the icing on the cake. All the endowment's are cashed in so the money side is not a problem but how do you ask someone for a job for about 2 months!! 3 months sat around here with no imterest in the house garden or the weather is gonna send me stir crazy!! And my bloody parents crying in our ears!!Well at least it can only get better!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:24 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2 months to go and redundancy!!

Originally posted by brox
How's about this for irony. Went for medicals 3 weeks ago. Hopefully they've been in Adelaide at least 2 weeks. Going by everyone else( timeline etc) should get pre grant etc next couple of weeks(skilled designated area sponsored 139). House all but sold, contract's to be signed etc. If all goes to plan fly out to WA beginning May. Tonite my current boss tells me he might have to make me redundant next week!!! This is the bloody 3rd time this has happened to me!! So if anyone has any doubts that they are doing the wrong thing beleive me at this moment in time this country can kiss my rear end. All I wanted was at least another month of work. All my wife and I can do is laugh! It's just the icing on the cake. All the endowment's are cashed in so the money side is not a problem but how do you ask someone for a job for about 2 months!! 3 months sat around here with no imterest in the house garden or the weather is gonna send me stir crazy!! And my bloody parents crying in our ears!!Well at least it can only get better!!!!
Well Said - it can kiss mine too. I have been living on a knives edge for the past 2 years. In my department there were 26 and now there are 8 - get rid of any more and it will look like I am self employed!!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good stuff. Put in for voluntary just to make sure. Also see if you can spin it out till you are ready.....

Otherwise you could stack shelves in tesco for a month or so...

Seriously though you should think about gretting some extra skills/training or something that will enhance your emplyment chances in Oz.

Good Luck
Mash...

PS I took voluntary redundancy at Christmas, but cus I had no visa then I got another job, After 2 weeks of starting, visa was granted...Needless to say I'll be handing in my notice soon!!

Old Feb 28th 2003, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

How about mini-cabbing or couriering until you go ?

Terry
Old Feb 28th 2003, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Why not go over to Oz on an ETA and you can get your current skills tested ? You're allowed 3 months study on an ETA and you can check out the housing etc.
Old Mar 1st 2003, 7:19 am
No wuckin furries mate

Originally posted by terryg
How about mini-cabbing or couriering until you go ?

Terry
Are you psycic? That's exactly what we said last night!!
Old Mar 1st 2003, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you psycic? That's exactly what we said last night!!

Go for it ! - If youve got a clean licence theres plenty of driving jobs I'm sure- All the best

Terry
Old Mar 1st 2003, 10:06 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

agencies ae crying out for good workers at present as the cruises and holidays are starting. Get in touch with Manpower in your local area Good luck
Old Mar 1st 2003, 5:15 pm
No wuckin furries mate

Might have got a job. Have to see someone on Monday. Just a driving job but at least it could keep the back peg moving