Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 Important Questions....

2 Important Questions....

Old Dec 1st 2003, 12:08 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default 2 Important Questions....

1. How do you get those pictures under your username?

2. I am assuming they have Friends (the tv program) in Oz. What series are they up to?

Help much appreciated
Old Dec 1st 2003, 12:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Important Questions....

Originally posted by banjo
1. How do you get those pictures under your username?
See FAQ!
Top right in your screen.

Old Dec 1st 2003, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Important Questions....

2. I am assuming they have Friends (the tv program) in Oz. What series are they up to?
No!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there nowhere I can go that doesn't have this crappy yankie stuff?
:scared: Think I will now apply to go to outer mongolia instead!!!!

Larissa
PS sorry banjo!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Answer to first question... check out the animation factory, then when you've chosen your avatar you could always ask for help (not me though - I don't have a clue, got help with mine) in formatting etc. as that can be tricky.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 7:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Larissa, some garbage is shown worldwide!!!! Howver as long as you have Foxtel you also get a good sprinkling of One Foot in the Grave, Keeping Up Appearances, Brittas Empore, Goodnight Sweetheart, Fools and Horses, etc etc Someone is looking after our sanity!!

(apologies Banjo, Friends just isn't my style!!)
Old Dec 1st 2003, 7:55 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

before you all start thinking less of me.....Friends isn't my cup of tea either! The wife watches every program though....often more than once and still laughs. She South African so that might explain it..... Apparently the new and final series is out her in February. Who cares....?

Think I may have sorted out my important question though....thanks for the help on the 'avatars'. Never knew they were called that. I'm learning all the time.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 7:59 pm
WBB

before you all start thinking less of me.....Friends isn't my cup of tea either! The wife watches every program though....often more than once and still laughs. She South African so that might explain it..... Apparently the new and final series is out her in February. Who cares....?

Think I may have sorted out my important question though....thanks for the help on the 'avatars'. Never knew they were called that. I'm learning all the time.
what is your avatar????

look's like some dude being disemboweled!

:scared:

Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:07 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

supposed to be David & Goliath....but I guess you're right. Doesn't really work when it is so tiny. I am trying to find a better one at the moment.....that was pretty much a trial to see if I was doing the right thing.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:00 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Sorry Larissa, some garbage is shown worldwide!!!! Howver as long as you have Foxtel you also get a good sprinkling of One Foot in the Grave, Keeping Up Appearances, Brittas Empore, Goodnight Sweetheart, Fools and Horses, etc etc Someone is looking after our sanity!!
How much is Foxtel, and do you have to have a dish? Is that a problem if you rent?
Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cherry6
How much is Foxtel, and do you have to have a dish? Is that a problem if you rent?
Foxtel is cable and you have to live in a foxtel enabled place to get it. I rent a unit and the block is foxtel enabled.

Look at www.foxtel.com.au
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 12:35 am
ABCDiamond

Whats on TV here in OZ ?

ABC (Like the BBC) is good for the British stuff.

The Bill
Murder Investigation Team (just started here last week)
Dr Who
Basil Brush ( a bit early though 8.35am)
Rescue Me
As Time Goes By
plus others, but we have just reached end of season for many programs.

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 12:50 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by cherry6
When we rented we just had in installed. Forgot to ask permission !! woops. They were ok about it though as I suppose it helps them rent it out again?
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Cable+phone (inc 100 local free calls per month) costs us about $70.

If you don't like trash US tv I suggest you go without the telly set or just stick to the ABC.

Sport - blanket coverage of any event is the norm (e.g Melbourne Cup horse race, duration less than 4 minutes. Tv coverage 10 hours +)

Banjo - direct your deluded spouse to http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/tvweek/

or to see what joys we have on tonight you might try...

http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/...&day=2/12/2003

hmmm - its not looking good tonight. off to the pub then!