Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 health articles worth reading

2 health articles worth reading

Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 health articles worth reading

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23289,00.html

and

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-27197,00.html

Last edited by jad n rich; Nov 12th 2006 at 7:48 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: 2 health articles worth reading

The first article is global. It is not just a phenomenon heppening to Australia. In fact (from a health professional point of view) the UK has it worse due to surpassing MSRA and now having VRE and vCJD. So people, please do not be put off by the first article. Its interesting to note, but don't be put off by the contents. Think beyond the box and you will see that this is an occurrence happening across the world.

As for the second article, yes Australia does have a problem with getting to see a Dentist (a public one), but then I remember having to do that in the UK. Thankfully, it often works for most people to get private health care (even if to lower the tax bill at the end of the year) and having basic private dental work is covered by most health insurance companies. Not that it makes it right. I personally think that certain things should be free on the public system (such as basic dental care) and I don't understand that if there is such a long wating list, why the government isn't trying to recruit dentists from other countries to fill that skill shortage?

Always good to read articles, but they are only articles not peer reviewed and written by journalists so its up to you to go out and seek the truth yourselves.

Last edited by hedgehog-girl; Nov 12th 2006 at 9:08 pm. Reason: grammer!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:10 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Are you being paid secretly by the british govt to give bad press to Australia to stop Britsh born people from emigrating there
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
The first article is global. It is not just a phenomenon heppening to Australia. In fact (from a health professional point of view) the UK has it worse ..............................

People often list the UK hospital system as one of the reasons they want to leave, the "it will be better" statement often comes up. Thats why the article was posted here, not so, probably pretty much the same.

Plus if people are aware its not so great here either they can get more informed if and when they need surgery. If your private for a start you can pick your doctor/hospital.

Dentists more aware people are, less OMG I have been to the dentist post$$$$$
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had much dealing with the hospitals here (and hopefully won't ) but the one my Mum went to in the UK were excellent with her care for Cancer, couldn't fault them at all. Especially the home care she received from Marie Curie when she was dying.

My experience with doctors (GP's) however is much better here than it was in the UK. Here I walked in and saw the doctor straight away, no waiting for appointments like in the UK. In the UK, blood tests done once a year, had to make another appointment for 5 days later, they gave me a presciption and I was out the door witin 5 minutes.

Here he went through all the results with me, told me exactly what they all meant and arranged for more tests as the pills I've been on for over 7 years don't actually work properly for me.