Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 – 9 October - Perth Royal Show

2 – 9 October - Perth Royal Show

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 3:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Talking 2 – 9 October - Perth Royal Show

2 – 9 October - Perth Royal Show, Claremont Showgrounds
http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/

We're going Sunday, with the train. Sooooo looking forward to it!!
Btw, look out for Windsong Valley Alpaca's, that's my boss, his wife, and daughters!

So, when are you going??
I'm not aksing if, but when?

This is an important part of Aussie culture imo, so if you've never been, you have to go!!

We don't have anything like this in Holland, and from what I understood from Hev's old thread ( http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213742 ) you don't in the UK either.

Animals, demonstrations, displays, competitions, showbags, sideshow alley...

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2 – 9 October - Perth Royal Show

Hi Simone
I took the kids last year and thought that would be that, my feet last year ached like hell by the time we had walked for about 7 hours but nope the kids want to go again this year so as long as i am well enough by the end of the week we will be doing it all again.
We are off to Rottnest on Monday, boy i hope my stomach has settled by then :scared:
Joanne
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 8:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Hi Simone
I took the kids last year and thought that would be that, my feet last year ached like hell by the time we had walked for about 7 hours but nope the kids want to go again this year so as long as i am well enough by the end of the week we will be doing it all again.
We are off to Rottnest on Monday, boy i hope my stomach has settled by then :scared:
Joanne
I can imagine! Usually I'd be dead too, but I remember 4 years ago at the Brisbane show, I walked all day, and was fine! I think cause I loved it so much, I didn't feel the pain or maybe because we were 6 weeks into our backpacking trip, and I was used to walking...

Such a shame you're still sick, we're going to miss you tonight!
Yes, you better get better soon if you're going to Rottnest!! Karma coming your way(unless it doesn't let me)

Btw people, buy your tickets before hand, like at Coles, or another shop, can't remember which..
Saves you standing in line for tickets!!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 10:54 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

The only pain i feel is in my back pocket
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you spend on showbags! If they are like the Brissie ones, you can get loads with little kids toys in - better than sweets, and perfect for Christmas stocking fillers......!!
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 1:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Hi ho, hi ho, off to the show we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pollyana, I don't have stockings to fill! But will be buying some, for the chocolate!
Going to take the west pull out mag with me, will study it on the train!

No muscle ache and bruising from pole dancing luckily, and it's beautiful weather! Seeya's!!
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 3:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Show was very good, though everyone seems a bit too obsessed with the showbags! Can't remember there being that many before, and in Brisbane 4 years ago!
One good thing: I joined the RSPCA for just $30(!) and even got a puppy 'teddy bear'(much nicer than any of the 'crap' in the showbags )
Also did get some showbags with chocolate.
Oh, and sunglasses for Pascal, and clip on thingys for me, which I usually wouldn't do, but these fitted on my glasses, and I needed them!

Saw my boss's alpacas(against the wall in that hall), but didn't see him.

We got there at 10.30 and left at 17.30, very tired!!!
In the morning it wasn't to busy, later in the day it was, very!

Saw agricultural displays, lots of animals, tasted things for free(including yoghurt, coca cola, yacult, plum wine ), went with the chairs over half of the grounds and had a baked spud amongst other things...

Pascal thought he was good at darts, and so wasted $5 on 3 throws

I'd really recommend getting tickets at Coles or Woolworths before you go, it saves you a long line.
And if possible, get the train, I saw cars lining the streets km's from the grounds!