Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st viewing today since changing agents and I'm doing it myself, yikes

1st viewing today since changing agents and I'm doing it myself, yikes

Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:29 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default 1st viewing today since changing agents and I'm doing it myself, yikes

[COLOR=Blue]Hiya,
Have our first viewing today since changing agents. They have no one available to do it so am going solo. Andrew has fled the nest and left me to it. :scared:
Any tips gratefully received. Ta very much.
Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:30 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st viewing today since changing agents and I'm doing it myself, yikes

Good for you. It's the only way to show a house: we always show the purchaser around and usually sell the house to one of the first three prospectives.

People appreciate having someone who knows the facts about a property. Agents rarely trouble themselves enough to find the facts out!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:32 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1st viewing today since changing agents and I'm doing it myself, yikes

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Good for you. It's the only way to show a house: we always show the purchaser around and usually sell the house to one of the first three prospectives.

People appreciate having someone who knows the facts about a property. Agents rarely trouble themselves enough to find the facts out!
Hiya Rog,
Well they have not shown up. Just egtting agents to find out where they are. Not impressed. Hang on I think this is them
Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:36 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Rog,
Well they have not shown up. Just egtting agents to find out where they are. Not impressed. Hang on I think this is them
Sarah

oooooh.....good luck sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everything crossed for you!!!!!!!!

sue
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:48 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
oooooh.....good luck sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everything crossed for you!!!!!!!!

sue
Thanks Sue, they were here for over half an hour. Don't know whether that is a good sign or not. They didn't realise it when they booked to view that it was opposite the church where they got married. Both seemed to really like it but they have a house to sell. Already on the market which is a bonus and if they are buying up, theirs should be in the first time buyers bracket. Not going to get excited though as it's only the 1st viewing.
Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:01 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

[COLOR=Blue]Hiya,
Have our first viewing today since changing agents. They have no one available to do it so am going solo. Andrew has fled the nest and left me to it. :scared:
Sarah

Good Luck Sarah!! tips erm..... dont act desperate!! do not hold them by the neck begging them to buy your house!!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:05 pm
SCANNY

scanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 1st viewing today since changing agents and I'm doing it myself, yikes

[COLOR=Blue]Hiya,
Sarah
Hope it is them-brave person you. :scared: Remember only state the positives and if they bring up what you may think sounds like a negative say you've never found that a problem, or give them the solution if you have experienced-don't elaborate too much unless you think it absolutely necessary as you could talk yourself into a deep hole. Think of all the positives for the area too, school, parks, shops, bus service, neighbours, community spirit etc-think of all the things you want to know about an area you will be living in oz-it's not just a house but a lifestyle. You take the lead when showing them round but take their lead a bit with the questions and leave them to snoop and discuss with each other alone-say you just need to check the washer or something while they are upstairs, if you feel comfortable with that. I'm sure you will be fine and have already thought about all these things. The tips are purely the things I have gathered from good old UK style as I have never bought a house (as bought the one we were renting) or sold a house yet but I am hoping to do my own viewings when we put it on the market. Feel free to totally ignore my tips cos I am a novice but I know what I would be like if viewing a house. I'm sure you will be great and if it doesn't sell don't think it was your fault-remember it didn't sell with the agents so you can only improve it. Good luck-feel quite excited for you, let us know how you got on. Hows the dieting going? Scanny
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by scanny
Hope it is them-brave person you. :scared: Remember only state the positives and if they bring up what you may think sounds like a negative say you've never found that a problem, or give them the solution if you have experienced-don't elaborate too much unless you think it absolutely necessary as you could talk yourself into a deep hole. Think of all the positives for the area too, school, parks, shops, bus service, neighbours, community spirit etc-think of all the things you want to know about an area you will be living in oz-it's not just a house but a lifestyle. You take the lead when showing them round but take their lead a bit with the questions and leave them to snoop and discuss with each other alone-say you just need to check the washer or something while they are upstairs, if you feel comfortable with that. I'm sure you will be fine and have already thought about all these things. The tips are purely the things I have gathered from good old UK style as I have never bought a house (as bought the one we were renting) or sold a house yet but I am hoping to do my own viewings when we put it on the market. Feel free to totally ignore my tips cos I am a novice but I know what I would be like if viewing a house. I'm sure you will be great and if it doesn't sell don't think it was your fault-remember it didn't sell with the agents so you can only improve it. Good luck-feel quite excited for you, let us know how you got on. Hows the dieting going? Scanny

Hiya Scanny,
Your tips sound good and I think I did most of them, lol. Just had another call from agents, will I do another viewing at 6.30pm. I told them yes but also reminded them in a polite way that they are supposed to be doing the viewings for me. Diet still on, been hard this week on half term as I don't have a set routine. Back to it proper like, on Monday.
Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:25 pm
SCANNY

scanny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Scanny,
Your tips sound good and I think I did most of them, lol. Just had another call from agents, will I do another viewing at 6.30pm. I told them yes but also reminded them in a polite way that they are supposed to be doing the viewings for me. Diet still on, been hard this week on half term as I don't have a set routine. Back to it proper like, on Monday.
Sarah
Well done you-second one should be a breeze-if they mention the church don't forget to tell them how excited the other couple were when they realised that's where they were married, Doesn't do any harm to let them think others are keen eh! Tell the agency you want a discount for all your hard work. I'm starting on the weight issue seriously on monday. keep in touch. Scanny.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:47 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sarah,
Excellent news that you've got another viewing at 6.30 pm!!! Give me a text later to let me know how it went.
I really hope they like it as well and you get an offer and I'll keep everything crossed for you again!!!!
I forgot to ask you earlier - how did the x-rays go? - Him indoors said his was pretty straight forward.
Don't forget to let me know how the viewing later went.
Love
Shell
xxxx
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:17 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Sarah,
Excellent news that you've got another viewing at 6.30 pm!!! Give me a text later to let me know how it went.
I really hope they like it as well and you get an offer and I'll keep everything crossed for you again!!!!
I forgot to ask you earlier - how did the x-rays go? - Him indoors said his was pretty straight forward.
Don't forget to let me know how the viewing later went.
Love
Shell
xxxx
Hiya Shell,
Will text you later. Xray was fine, Bupa more concerned about who was paying, lol.
Sarah xxx