Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st time buyers grant ....

1st time buyers grant ....

Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:55 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default 1st time buyers grant ....

now $12,000

I heard this today from a real estate agent, can anyone confirm? ...
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:18 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1st time buyers grant ....

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
now $12,000

WOW .I hope so .I move into my new house end of Feb.An extra 5 grand would come in handy...
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
WOW .I hope so .I move into my new house end of Feb.An extra 5 grand would come in handy...
Indeed, altho don't pop any corks yet, it IS only a rumour I've heard.

Someone will know.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't say so on the website.

http://www.firsthome.gov.au/

I did hear on the news that someone was trying to persuade the government to increase it though.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
It doesn't say so on the website.

http://www.firsthome.gov.au/

I did hear on the news that someone was trying to persuade the government to increase it though.
Hi Wendy,

Yeah the more I think about it surely we'd of heard on the news maybe, or somewhere!

Would be nice tho!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:39 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wendy,

Yeah the more I think about it surely we'd of heard on the news maybe, or somewhere!

Would be nice tho!
I googled and couldn't find anything either - except for this...but it only applies to Victoria..seems out of date as talking about 2005 ...but not changed as far as I know
http://www.ljhooker.com.au/content/c...=202&pagenum=2

there are phone numbers for the rest of Aus though..
Old Jan 14th 2007, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy,

Would be nice tho!

It'll be on here within seconds
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:40 pm
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

now $12,000

Any news on increasing the 0 stamp duty level?

thanks
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:45 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

This is the second time i have heard this rumour on this site this week, No smoke and all that... Well fingers crossed anyway!!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:59 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Talking of which, does anybody know if anyone on a 457 visa has ever asked for this?

I know that it states that you must be a permanent residence but i wonder what exaclty they mean by that, It has come to my attention that in some cases (banks for example) the test to see if they class you as a permanent residence is if you pay income tax at the same rate as an Australian citizen, regardless of the actuall visa you are on.

Has anyone come across this or do you think i am clutching at straws?

Gary
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
Talking of which, does anybody know if anyone on a 457 visa has ever asked for this?

I know that it states that you must be a permanent residence but i wonder what exaclty they mean by that, It has come to my attention that in some cases (banks for example) the test to see if they class you as a permanent residence is if you pay income tax at the same rate as an Australian citizen, regardless of the actuall visa you are on.

Has anyone come across this or do you think i am clutching at straws?

Gary
There is a difference between "residence" and "permanent residence". I think you are clutching at straws, sorry.

You need to get used to the idea that 457 visa holders have relatively few rights in Australia. In fact, even to purchase real estate in the first place, you need FIRB permission. http://www.firb.gov.au

Last edited by JAJ; Jan 14th 2007 at 4:14 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is a difference between "residence" and "permanent residence". I think you are clutching at straws, sorry.

You need to get used to the idea that 457 visa holders have relatively few rights in Australia. In fact, even to purchase real estate in the first place, you need FIRB permission. http://www.firb.gov.au
I was told that if you purchase when on a temp visa, and go on to gain PR, you can claim that 1st time buyers grant back.

BUT!!! ... it appears I'm getting told allsorts at the mo.

I WAS even told the summer was gonna kill me with the heat! ...
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that if you purchase when on a temp visa, and go on to gain PR, you can claim that 1st time buyers grant back.

BUT!!! ... it appears I'm getting told allsorts at the mo.

I WAS even told the summer was gonna kill me with the heat! ...
I have heard that you can retrospectively claim the grant if you get PR within 12 months of the purchase.
It was just hearsay though, so look in to it somewhere 'official'.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:12 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
I have heard that you can retrospectively claim the grant if you get PR within 12 months of the purchase.
It was just hearsay though, so look in to it somewhere 'official'.
That is absolutely 100% true as I just did it!
Actually, I was 12 months and 1 day and they still gave me the grant.

Andrew
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

hi

How is the grant paid?We have just bought a house and move in March. Does the grant go through the bank? How long does it take. I have completed the form and given it to the bank, do they do the rest?

steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.