Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st Post from sunny Australia

1st Post from sunny Australia

Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1st Post from sunny Australia

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
We are here! ...

I have to admit I never was the best at organising things, and after thinking we'd arrive on the 22nd, we arrived on the 21st ...lol. All down to the time we left UK and arrived before, and how we did different times and flights this time, but as I say I'm not the best at organising stuff ...

Our pick up from the airport ( Lisa & Jim - Flowerofscotland ) has been excellent and altho they was expecting us tomorrow, they've picked us up and we're crashing at theirs till tomorrow when we'll go to the apartment arranged thru Claire ( Jonah's_mummy) who also funny enough was expecting us on the 22nd ...

Still, we're here at last and it was quite nice heading down the M1 motorway at gone 10pm and seeing a temperature sign saying 24C ...

Big day tomorrow as we have to get into the apartment, buy a car, start looking for the rental, make appointment to see the kids school, oh all the rest, but at least we are finally here! ...

Time for sleep I reckon!

Well done on getting there. Looks like you've got a busy few weeks ahead of you. Keep us posted, and all the best for your new life, Nicky x
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:18 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Paul, what are you like

Glad you all arrived in one piece, take it easy and enjoy the time off cos soon you will be up to your ears in scissors, combs, tinting bowls, foil, gloves, perm lotion, shampoo, conditioner and blow dryers!!!!!

Shirley x
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:34 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Paul, what are you like

Glad you all arrived in one piece, take it easy and enjoy the time off cos soon you will be up to your ears in scissors, combs, tinting bowls, foil, gloves, perm lotion, shampoo, conditioner and blow dryers!!!!!

Shirley x
Not to forget talking with a lisp and sporting hair with blonde tints
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:38 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Not to forget talking with a lisp and sporting hair with blonde tints

Maybe he will start standing with his hand on his hip too, d'ya think?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:40 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you managed to get there - was it worth the trauma ???
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:44 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Maybe he will start standing with his hand on his hip too, d'ya think?

I think he already did that anyway

I am sure he will fit right in, not sure if I am being a little stereotypical here but in my limited experience of male hairdressers I would like to think my findings are pretty much spot on
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:18 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on your safe arrival! yee ha! all the excitement started a day early for you! kind of thing I would do too, if its any consolation ( I must remember to check dates properly!)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:27 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Aus Paul, Nic and family.
Glad you made it finally!!

Dont forget that in your rental you will need large deck and bbq so that you can have a "we are here" party.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
We are here! ...

I have to admit I never was the best at organising things, and after thinking we'd arrive on the 22nd, we arrived on the 21st ...lol. All down to the time we left UK and arrived before, and how we did different times and flights this time, but as I say I'm not the best at organising stuff ...
Makes a change. All the meets you've been to, you managed to be late - what went wrong this time - oh I get it, you weren't driving

Well done for getting here. See you've brought the weather with you - bit chilly today and very chilly last night.

East Coast Rentals on Elkhorn, Surfers are good. We ended up buying one of their cars, very reasonable and helpful.