Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st post - policeman moving to aussie?

Wikiposts

1st post - policeman moving to aussie?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:11 am
Just Joined

brucelee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st post - policeman moving to aussie?

Hi,

My first post so apologies for naieve question and please go easy on me.

(I tried searching but so much to look through would take forever. )

I am a 35 year old policeman in UK and have a Vietnamese wife who speaks almost fluent English. (I don't have a degree and neither does she.)

Just wanted to know please what kind of chance you think we would have to move to Aussie, as it is a dream of ours. What could I be doing now to enhance our chances?

Thank you in advance, if this info is posted elsewhere a link to the thread would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1st post - policeman moving to aussie?

Hello and welcome. Start by having a look at www.immi.gov.au Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:17 am
Just Joined

brucelee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hello and welcome. Start by having a look at www.immi.gov.au Good luck
will do, thank you.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by brucelee
Hi,

I am a 35 year old policeman in UK and have a Vietnamese wife who speaks almost fluent English. (I don't have a degree and neither does she.)

Just wanted to know please what kind of chance you think we would have to move to Aussie, as it is a dream of ours. What could I be doing now to enhance our chances?

Thank you in advance, if this info is posted elsewhere a link to the thread would be greatly appreciated.
Hi and welcome to BE
Try going to the main discussion forum page and scrolling down to working by profession as they do have a section for police.
You will probably have more luck with answers to your questions. Seems to be quite a few policemen/women choosing a new life over there. My brother is in the CID and a couple of his friends are emigrating. Good luck with applying!!!!!!!!!! All the best J and J
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:41 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Both West Australia Police, and South Australia Police, are both currently recruiting British Bobbies, apparantly they have a rolling recruitment programme for the next few years. Check out their websites. Also check out www . police - forum . com which is a site dedicated to British Bobbies, who want to desert the sinking police ship in the UK, and move to sunnier climes.

P.S New Zealand and Canada are also recruiting from the UK - so many choices, there are going to be no experienced cops left in Blighty soon!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Jadea will become famous soon enoughJadea will become famous soon enough

Mhm, and how about a german police woman with a british passport?!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:11 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jadea
Mhm, and how about a german police woman with a british passport?!
What are your credentials like ?.......... mm
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:42 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brucelee
Hi,

my mate has just been recruited to the police in adelaide from northumbria. SA were recruiting pom coppers about 6 months ago.he was out here in a matter of months. got another mate in northumbria who reckons he knows heaps of cops who are getting poached by oz. apparantly they have been holding regular recruitment drives across the uk. the bloke i know doesnt have any quals at all so i dont think having a degree will matter. my missus is a cop in cairns. she wasnt in the uk but always wanted to give it a go.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:31 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Contact SA Police. They may well do another recruitment drive soon. They don't want the young inexperienced coppers though they are creaming off the ones with 10 or more years experience.

Not everyone gets through the selection of course but if you are interested then give it a go.

rab
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:35 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Youngy, whats your wifes shift pattern like out of interest? Is she based at the Cairns central station?

I start soon on the PACE course, am comming to Cairns for my posting.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baz
Youngy, whats your wifes shift pattern like out of interest? Is she based at the Cairns central station?

Baz, I can`t speak for Cairns but stations on the Sunshine Coast do not really have a shift pattern akin to the UK. Dont forget to acclimatize yourself before going to Cairns, Sit in the Sauna then pour water over yourself.

Good luck and watch out for the RATS (Not Traffic Cops)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:29 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

I'm not "living in"
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:48 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baz

she does a 5 week roster. a mixture of earlies, lates, and nights. 7 nights off the trot then 6 days off. works 3 out of 5 weekends but plenty of time of during the weeks. bits of overtime here and there. any questions pm me and ill get her to reply to you and yes she is based in cairns station.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:41 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Youngy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.