Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st post and i need as much help as possible

1st post and i need as much help as possible

Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1st post and i need as much help as possible

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Oh one more post and it'll be 1000
Go on you can do it.......
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:59 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Too kind...
No wukkers me off to bed now night
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Beat you
Think we've highjacked the thread...sorry Graham....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:01 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by robos
hi ann and terry im from north wales and the weather is great im sure your son will be fine (i no how you feel my son went to scotland last year he is twelve but i still worried like hell)
hope all is well
jan x x
Aaahh. Thank you
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

No wukkers me off to bed now night
nite nite.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:23 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Graham Ian Barrett]Hi everybody

Me and my wife are thinking about moving to Oz to improve our life and i`m looking for as much help as possible.The migration site is a bit daunting first off so i was wondering did you use a migration company or did you do it yourself.

I`m sorry if you get loads of these requests as i`m new here,if you have any links available please pass them on to me Also could you do me a list showing me what i need to do in numbered order ( we looking to apply as a skilled workers )

hi graham ian bartlett
we are from north wales and yes the process is daunting (very)
we had decided to go to oz about two months ago and getting the references together has proved to be a bitmore difficult than we thought.
i found the first thing we struggled with was getting ref from h.r we just got standard one which is not sufficient.
then the problem was telling mum and dad (i am a bit closer to dad than mum) being daddys little girl ! but they were great about that but sister wasn't.

we started with getting occupation assesed (without that forget it)
we are still gathering bits together for that.
our next step will be to apply ( if trade is passed )
we been told different things about agents but on the whole i get the message that you still have to do all the work, but a friend of ours (who has been there for 3/4 months now) good friends have reccomended do it ourselves.

where about in wales are you as we would only be too grateful to help and share any info if you want (we are from north wales)

love to hear from you
jan x x
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

As Anne said sort your Tra first http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

Then down load booklet 6 from the main web site http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books6.htm

I have done it all my self and think its quite straight forward if your case is straight forward . Tra went through ok visa should get answer on that soonish

Good luck
Hi

I would be interested to know what trade you have applied under as the tra form that we downloaded seems like a nightmare to go it alone.?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Graham Ian Barrett
Hi everybody

The migration site is a bit daunting first off so i was wondering did you use a migration company or did you do it yourself.
The Immi site is very daunting when you first look at it but it's not too bad at all once you understand it. If yours is a straight forward skilled migration application (i.e. you have enough points) then it may be worth trying it on your own. We did and so did my sister and her husband and it all went pretty smoothly. With the help of this site (there are some great helpers here), you should be OK.

All the best
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:35 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teejay66
Hi

I would be interested to know what trade you have applied under as the tra form that we downloaded seems like a nightmare to go it alone.?
Like you say it could possible depend on the trade.

Just go trough it step by step, get each step completed, then filed and move to the next bit, its easy.

All an agent will do is ask you to get each piece ready and send it to them. Unless your case is difficult why pay a middle man?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Graham Ian Barrett will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=robos]
Hi everybody

Me and my wife are thinking about moving to Oz to improve our life and i`m looking for as much help as possible.The migration site is a bit daunting first off so i was wondering did you use a migration company or did you do it yourself.

I`m sorry if you get loads of these requests as i`m new here,if you have any links available please pass them on to me Also could you do me a list showing me what i need to do in numbered order ( we looking to apply as a skilled workers )

hi graham ian bartlett
we are from north wales and yes the process is daunting (very)
we had decided to go to oz about two months ago and getting the references together has proved to be a bitmore difficult than we thought.
i found the first thing we struggled with was getting ref from h.r we just got standard one which is not sufficient.
then the problem was telling mum and dad (i am a bit closer to dad than mum) being daddys little girl ! but they were great about that but sister wasn't.

we started with getting occupation assesed (without that forget it)
we are still gathering bits together for that.
our next step will be to apply ( if trade is passed )
we been told different things about agents but on the whole i get the message that you still have to do all the work, but a friend of ours (who has been there for 3/4 months now) good friends have reccomended do it ourselves.

where about in wales are you as we would only be too grateful to help and share any info if you want (we are from north wales)

love to hear from you
jan x x

Thanks for your help,i`m from Ebbw Vale,South Wales
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:42 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teejay66
Hi

Motor mechanic for me what is your trade , i think that if you can get up to NVQ 3 then you can fill in TRA`form .
If your get stuck ask on here.
If still that mind blowing get an agent chu ching
Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I`m a engineer and my wife is a road safety officer ( which includes going into schools and teaching 4-6 years old on road safety )
Graham - depending on what kind of engineer you are this may be of use to you
http://www.ieaust.org.au/find/osqa.html